Bunker rossonero (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2003
Just quickly jumping in to let you know that Galliani has just made it official on the Domenica Sportiva 10 minutes ago : Jaap Stam is a Milan player.

Cafu-Stam-Nesta-Maldini.

SAY NO MORE.

Also Paolino declined Trap's last invitation to make the trip to Portugal :down:.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
In a year or two Milan is going to have the same problem Juve has now. Stam will be what, 33-34, Maldini 37-38, Cafu 37, Nesta 30?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
In a year or two Milan is going to have the same problem Juve has now. Stam will be what, 33-34, Maldini 37-38, Cafu 37, Nesta 30?
Excellent post. We will not have wait for too long. You cannot have more than one season without injury trouble.

Two - three starting players injured- bonds are breaking apart- this team will start losing.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Yup. Stam turns 32 in July, he will quit his international career after Euro2004 (he stated the other day, might change his mind of course but I can't see that happening).

Sep 28, 2002
well yeah, but you cant compare stam, nesta or maldini to ours ferrara, montero or legrottaglie. they have better talents.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Screw Cafu and play Stam at right back so that the Maldini/Nesta partnership isn't broken up and so that Pancaro can start on the left side of defence.

Either would work very well, but Pancaro :thumb:

Aug 1, 2003
I knew it a month before. Probably anyone did but I'm still happy not to be shocked :D

Too bad pancaro will miss euro

oh no Milan's defense is already strong and going stronger. ya hear that moggi? :fero:

OP
Kaiser Franco
Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    I can see Stam playing at his current level for at least another two seasons.

Cafu will be 34 by the end of June. Nesta is still only 28. All we need to do is buy one good defender next season and another one the season after.

OP
    Kaiser Franco
    Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Screw Cafu and play Stam at right back so that the Maldini/Nesta partnership isn't broken up and so that Pancaro can start on the left side of defence.

Either would work very well, but Pancaro :thumb:
    Actually that's why I consider Stam to be an excellent buying : he can play both in the centre and on the right, just like Paolo on the left side. Now we have at least two quality players for each position in defence.

The Stam/Nesta partnership did wonders at Lazio.

What we can also do is play a 3 men defence (Stam-Nesta-Maldini) and let the likes of Cafu or Serginho run free on their respective flanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)