Bundesliga 2022-23 (6 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Gotta say I'm surprised with these rumors, especially as Laimer agreed a deal with us weeks/months ago.

I honestly don't know how good Rice is, never seen him in action from what I remember. But no matter what, we're definitely in need of a true defensive midfielder. Goretzka and Kimmich together just doesn't do the job and our backline is too vulnerable.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
£95m for Rice is what I heard mentioned. This is what happens when you deal with PL clubs.

He's very good, but has never played for a top team. It's one of those where you wonder what the point is trying to go against PL teams and pay 30% more for a player than you have to. As we learned with Vlahovic.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
£95m for Rice is what I heard mentioned. This is what happens when you deal with PL clubs.

He's very good, but has never played for a top team. It's one of those where you wonder what the point is trying to go against PL teams and pay 30% more for a player than you have to. As we learned with Vlahovic.
You think he got what it takes to succeed in a club as big as Bayern Munich?

Il nuovo Javi Martinez :tuttosport:

Apr 12, 2004
Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
I know right.

Makes you wonder if the Laimer deal didn't get completed, especially as there's no news regarding it.
If anything, it makes me think Gravenberch will be sold this summer. There's been buzz he's unhappy and top EPL clubs are interested.

Rice/Kimmich starting with Goretzka/Laimer on the bench.

Apr 12, 2004
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge needed Brazzo out before he would return to Bayern Munich
When you play the Game of Thrones, you either win or get thrown out the door by a club legend.
By CSmith1919@TheBarrelBlog Updated May 31, 2023, 5:47pm CEST
29 Comments / 28 New
Share this story
1242561005.0.jpg
Photo by Alex Gottschalk/DeFodi Images via Getty Images

With a plotline that you might see in a show like Succession, former Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge — allegedly — had a requirement that former sporting director Hasan “Brazzo” Salihamidžić be relieved of his duties in order for Rummenigge to return to the club.
In a state of turmoil, Bayern Munich agreed to the alleged demand and now a new (yet old) regime is ruling at the Rekordmeister. Sport1 journalist Kerry Hau issued the explosive report, which was captured by @iMiaSanMia.
But why did Rummenigge have such an issue Salihamidžić? Not shockingly, it all led back to the now-infamous feud between the former sporting director and sextuple-winning coach Hansi Flick — which ultimately saw Flick leave in a very controversial decision:
Rummenigge is said to have insisted that, in order to come back, Salihamidžić has to go. Rummenigge fell out with Brazzo after his conflict with Hansi Flick. KHR hinted in April that he would only accept a role in the supervisory board if Salihamidžić is dismissed. Uli Hoeneß stood by Salihamidžić’s side during the trouble with Hansi Flick, but now after the turbulent season, he had no arguments left to give him another chance. Hoeneß ended up compromising and complying with Rummenigge’s wish.​
Salihamidžić appeared to learn from his mistakes with Flick as he was more collaborative with both Julian Nagelsmann and Thomas Tuchel, but the damage that was done during that period might have been viewed as unreconcilable by Rummenigge.
Now, it will be a fresh start in the front office for Bayern Munich — albeit with some experienced veterans seeking to guide the club forward into its next generation.
RELATED
Breaking: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge formally back at Bayern Munich
After sacking Hasan Salihamidžić, Bayern Munich are not sweating the vacancy at sporting director
Uli Hoeneß says it was “mistake” to hire Oliver Kahn after bombastic exit from Bayern Munich

- - - Updated - - -

With all this Rice stuff, I'd rather have Unai Vencedor for half the price.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
KHR back is a massive upgrade to Kahn and Brazzo though.

Kahn was never good enough as a CEO and Brazzo probably also shouldn't have the job back then. How was he qualified really? When you look at how our squad has been assembled over the recent years it's not really impressive

Many of the transfers are good enough individually, but most of them never really made that much of a difference. Lucas Hernandez is a good player, but he's way too injury prone and cost us 80 mio euros. Then you have Sane who can play like the best in the world at one match then having the worst stinker the next - zero consistency.

You got Mane who never really became the player we thought he would, Gravenberch never really made any difference too. Then you got Roca who was a big waste, Bouna Sarr, Nübel, Sabitzer, Cuisance. Upamecano so far also hasn't impressed. Pavard has been up and down. Good thing is we managed to offload most of these mediocre players again and earned on some of them.

Players that truly worked out has been De Ligt, Perisic, Goretzka to some extend and Gnabry to some extend and that's it. Perisic didn't stay, but was a good addition while he was here, Coutinho didn't stay but was also decent enough.

Many of these transfers might have worked better if the club was lead by more competent people at that time.

Now we need stability and a clear direction. Brazzo never really adressed the needs of the squad, he never signed a true CDM after Javi Martinez left and he didn't replace Lewandowski.

It's clear where we need to do something.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2004
:lol2:

After Lucas Hernandy was injured at the WC, Brazzo and (Lucas') mom talk him out of retiring. If we sell him off to PSG after Brazzo is fired, what great business.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy cost us 80, he played 14 games in 30 years, he wanted out, we told him no, and we make 40 on the backend?

That's some De Beers shit.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
If Benny and Luke leave, we are going to need at least one CB.
I'd rather we try to convince Pavard to extend than Hernandez, but it seems likely they'll both leave. Wondering who the board wants to replace them with.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF why would any decent club buy him? He's basically a cripple at this point. Sell asap if they are stupid enough to take him.
I hope we can scam 40+ mio out of PSG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)