Bundesliga 2020-21 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
This loss was good for a few reasons

1: Hopefully this will wake the board up and make them realise we can't afford such a thin squad as we have right now. Losing Perisic, Coutinho and Odriozola was just too much. Our strength last year was our bench where we had so many options to choose from. We also lost Thiago which hurt our way of dictating the game it's already quite clear to me right now. Kimmich and Goretzka are great midfielders but they simply can't control the game the way Thiago can.

2: I prefer getting a beating like this now instead of later when the season has entered it's more crucial stage. The players looked totally gassed so it was expected a result like this would come in the near future.

Now get 2-3 new players you board morons.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah the depth is a huge weakness. Not as necessary for CL playoffs, for a long season on all fronts, you cant lose 3 top players in your squad, add Sane only and think its OK.

May 23, 2013
When you lose a player like Thiago, a drop in team performance is expected if not adequately replaced. Though this might just be down to post-quintuple syndrome.

Regardless Bayern imo should be in the market for a midfielder who can control the game. Kimmich is great, however I'd keep him in his more natural position.

- - - Updated - - -

Im trying to think of a player who fits the mold that I described above, but none come to mind. Crazy how much of a drop off there's been in that role. From the previous generation right away I can think of Pirlo, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Marchisio, Busquets, Modric, De Rossi and there's def a few more.

Today aside from Thiago, Pjanic and Kroos who is there? Jordan Henderson? Rodrigo?

Last edited:

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
When you lose a player like Thiago, a drop in team performance is expected if not adequately replaced. Though this might just be down to post-quintuple syndrome.

Regardless Bayern imo should be in the market for a midfielder who can control the game. Kimmich is great, however I'd keep him in his more natural position.

- - - Updated - - -

Im trying to think of a player who fits the mold that I described above, but none come to mind. Crazy how much of a drop off there's been in that role. From the previous generation right away I can think of Pirlo, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Marchisio, Busquets, Modric, De Rossi and there's def a few more.

Today aside from Thiago, Pjanic and Kroos who is there? Jordan Henderson? Rodrigo?
Saul. He can play everywhere in midfield just like Thiago. But it's impossible since he'd be very expensive.

Kolasinac back to Germany though. :touched: @zizinho

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Bayern really need more depth. No doubt their first eleven is clearly the best in the league, but overall squad wise? Dortmund has way better depth for this long corona season. Tiredness COULD very well come to bite Bayern in the ass as the season goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

Why sub out Haaland though.

- - - Updated - - -

lol Dortmund

Last edited:

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Bayern really need more depth. No doubt their first eleven is clearly the best in the league, but overall squad wise? Dortmund has way better depth for this long corona season. Tiredness COULD very well come to bite Bayern in the ass as the season goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

Why sub out Haaland though.

- - - Updated - - -

lol Dortmund
Düsel :touched:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)