Build/Predict Your Juve (19 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
i dont dislike him, i dislike the wages hes gonna get. and id rather have a better player than him. is that too much to ask? :cry:
Everyone knows your opinion by now but its pretty clear hes coming. Also saying hes the weak link has nothing to do with wage structure. Thats like me saying that Sandro is our best player because he makes way less than he deserves.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Everyone knows your opinion by now but its pretty clear hes coming. Also saying hes the weak link has nothing to do with wage structure. Thats like me saying that Sandro is our best player because he makes way less than he deserves.
Do you disagree he's the least good player in that lineup? Also, wages become important when you consider someone better could have been had for them

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:boh:

We should be happy that the club is starting to pay more. I think we are used to such frugal policies that we are still shocked over Pipita for 94m and high wages for Can :D
Until I see Pjanic, Mandzukic, Berna, Cuads, AS, etc above him, I'm not really happy. Only one that should be happy at the moment is Emre

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Until I see Pjanic, Mandzukic, Berna, Cuads, AS, etc above him, I'm not really happy. Only thing ne that should be happy at the moment is Emre
Mario? Not anymore.

Bernie? Too soon.

Pjanic? Yes, I agree. he was offered a new deal last week right?

Cuads? leaning towards Mario, not anymore.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So they should earn less than a worse player who's also a newbie here? That's not how to make a squad happy
Bernie was not bought to be a starter right away, he has to earn it. Cuads has had injury issues. Mario isn't the same Mario that you want him to be.

So yeah, I think its fine considering Can is someone who is being brought to be a starter, costs nothing in transfer fees, and has European pedigree already.

Don't you think its too early to give bernie the world when he has yet to really make a name for himself? I mean, he is well on his way but he isn't even a guaranteed starter yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Would also like to add, we have been trying to get this guy and we don't really know if other clubs were trying as well which only makes the negotiating even harder. Let's say we played it frugal and he signed for someone else...we'd be heading into the mercato needing even more midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't Liverpool offer him a higher salary than we are apparently giving him? Doesn't that say something to his willingness to be a part of this project? I mean, concessions have to be made in negotiations.

Apr 19, 2007
So they should earn less than a worse player who's also a newbie here? That's not how to make a squad happy
You dont get a bigger contract while in the decline. It doesnt happen. Berna didnt prove his worth yet but him getting more will come eventually. I think its interesting that you think a guy that didnt start and was injured half the year deserves more than guys like chiellini Sandro etc who our better players.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You dont get a bigger contract while in the decline. It doesnt happen. Berna didnt prove his worth yet but him getting more will come eventually. I think its interesting that you think a guy that didnt start and was injured half the year deserves more than guys like chiellini Sandro etc who our better players.
:tup:

First part, especially.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bernie was not bought to be a starter right away, he has to earn it. Cuads has had injury issues. Mario isn't the same Mario that you want him to be.

So yeah, I think its fine considering Can is someone who is being brought to be a starter, costs nothing in transfer fees, and has European pedigree already.

Don't you think its too early to give bernie the world when he has yet to really make a name for himself? I mean, he is well on his way but he isn't even a guaranteed starter yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Would also like to add, we have been trying to get this guy and we don't really know if other clubs were trying as well which only makes the negotiating even harder. Let's say we played it frugal and he signed for someone else...we'd be heading into the mercato needing even more midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't Liverpool offer him a higher salary than we are apparently giving him? Doesn't that say something to his willingness to be a part of this project? I mean, concessions have to be made in negotiations.
If it's too early for Berna, it should be for Can as well, as neither are accomplished stars internationally yet. AS, Mandzukic and Cuadrado are long time starters for us and definitely way more important than Emre, there is no way either should be paid less, nor would I accept such thing in their place. But it's not just them, Matuidi and Khedira (if they stay), Benatia, Chiellini as well. So yes, unless we raise half the teams wages, this is a problem for me. Let's see what we do

I'd be fine if he signed elsewhere. Need a freebie? Max Meyer. It's not like there aren't any options besides him.

And I doubt Pool offered more, otherwise he's stay

- - - Updated - - -

Read again, I mentioned AS and said etc., and I added those guys in my last post. Did Can prove himself? How is being a starter for Pool twice as good as being Fiorentinas best player? We overpaid, no two ways about it

Apr 19, 2007
If it's too early for Berna, it should be for Can as well, as neither are accomplished stars internationally yet. AS, Mandzukic and Cuadrado are long time starters for us and definitely way more important than Emre, there is no way either should be paid less, nor would I accept such thing in their place. But it's not just them, Matuidi and Khedira (if they stay), Benatia, Chiellini as well. So yes, unless we raise half the teams wages, this is a problem for me. Let's see what we do

I'd be fine if he signed elsewhere. Need a freebie? Max Meyer. It's not like there aren't any options besides him.

Where do you get the notion that players in their 30s on the decline should get pay raises? Its not about importance to the team. Its about market value and players know that. Chiellini is getting paid half of a bench warmer for Bayern on his first year. Why? Because hes a winger and their value is higher in the market. Why does Khedira make as much as Buffon did or pretty close? Importance to the club? NOOOOOO its bescause thats the market value and players understand that. Maybe im wrong and Cuads will want abig raise and then what? Hes going to demand a transfer to a team that will pay him as much as Can because the poor baby deserves it? Players arent near as dumb as you make them out to be IMO. They all have managers telling them what their value is and they get paid to maximize that. Id cuads gets upset he will talk to that guy and he will probably say here is your options. Suck it the fuck up

Also Can was a starter this season for the team the made the CL finals. So yes hes in higher demand than Berna and more proven.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I'd say Can has a bit more on his resume than Bernie.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Where do you get the notion that players in their 30s on the decline should get pay raises? Its not about importance to the team. Its about market value and players know that. Chiellini is getting paid half of a bench warmer for Bayern on his first year. Why? Because hes a winger and their value is higher in the market. Why does Khedira make as much as Buffon did or pretty close? Importance to the club? NOOOOOO its bescause thats the market value and players understand that. Maybe im wrong and Cuads will want abig raise and then what? Hes going to demand a transfer to a team that will pay him as much as Can because the poor baby deserves it? Players arent near as dumb as you make them out to be IMO. They all have managers telling them what their value is and they get paid to maximize that. Id cuads gets upset he will talk to that guy and he will probably say here is your options. Suck it the fuck up

Also Can was a starter this season for the team the made the CL finals. So yes hes in higher demand than Berna and more proven.
importance is directly related to quality (unless we talking long term legends like Gigi, Marchisio, Chiellini), which is why our most important players are our best ones at the same time. is Emre Can a better footballer than either of the ones mentioned above, even in their decline? Mandzukic, Cuadrado and Khedira still produce top notch performances in the CL and for their NTs, something Can has not even been close to doing in his career. you bring up Costa as a benchwarmer for Bayern when "CL finalists starter" Can has an astonishingly 4 more appearances than him in their respective final seasons for their clubs, that despite EPL having more fixtures, EPL having an additional cup competition, and Pool making the CL final while Bayern went out on the QF last season. so whos the benchwarmer here exactly? also, "CL finalists starter" Can played an incredible 87 minutes in their knockout run this season, 80 in the 0-0 vs Porto when the 1st leg ended 5-0 already, and 7 vs Madrid in the final. but otherwise youre right, hes a proven top class player on every level, that should command top 3 wages at a top10 financial powerhouse in Europe. irreplaceable figure for Pool and much more proven at the highest level than guys like Berna

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say Can has a bit more on his resume than Bernie.
a bit more, probably true. Liverpool is a more prestigious name than Viola, but result wise they arent far ahead in recent years. and i think its fair to say Berna was their best player when he was bought, unlike Can with Pool in either of his seasons there (would be unfair to bring this season with monster Salah up)? also one is a DM/CM while the other is a AM/winger

id give them about equal wages

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)