Build/Predict Your Juve (116 Viewers)

Nov 22, 2017
We need to play a 3 man midfield, that's the winning formula. A destroyer (Matuidi, Casemiro), a deep lying playmaker (Pjanic, Kroos), and a midfielder who carries the ball forward (Kovacic, Modric). Right now, we have the first two, but we don't have the third. That's why Dybala always has to drop so deep: because Pjanic alone cannot carry the ball forward.

Real Madrid played with 3 creative midfielders (Modric, Kroos, Isco) when they humiliated us in the CL final. But we can't even have two apparently...

The idea that you don't need more than one creative midfielder is a football philosophy still stuck in the 90s. Real Madrid and Barcelona have achieved their success in the Champions League through midfield domination.

Wrong, Kovacic has been the natural substitute of Casemiro on several occasions. He contributes at least as much as Modric defensively. He's bigger and physically stronger too.
Lol what do you expect from these people? They judge a strikers by his 'grinta’ And workrate instead of his goal scoring prowess

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
dont really know, it would be kinda selfdestructive
Two of them are good defending, the other is a beast... All of them can break pressure lines and hold the ball... Two of them have a lot of gol on their feet....I think it would be destructive for our rivals

- - - Updated - - -

Would you sell Dybala to make this happen? I would actually consider it and Im sure that Beppe would as well
I'm a big fan of Paulo so I wouldn't sell him but if we do it and then we would buy those two MF, it wouldn't hurt so much

In other hand, I would sell Pipa for them without any doubt

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Kovacic is an all around mid, and it’s unlikely that Marchisio will ever be at 100% again.

That stat takes into consideration the calendar year of 2017. Can you even read?

I think you’d be happier if we bought another good creative midfielder instead of making excuses to why we don’t need him while Dybala drops between our centerbacks just to get the ball.
You thought wrong. I want what we need the most: a quality B2B who has both technical & physical qualities. Starting Matuidi and signing Kovacic makes no sense to me.

A creative mid on top of a priority B2B signing is a luxury we can't afford b/c we don't have City's budget.

SMS is perfect for us. Has what we need on and off the ball in midfield. Great in the air too, which is needed b/c, otherwise, our set piece defense problems can creep up again. Having both Mario & Khedira was crucial in that aspect last year (source: Allegri). Adding MDS this yr has helped in that regard too.

Apr 19, 2007
Here is the issue with playing Dybala in the 4-2-3-1. We are really weak in the middle of the field. Allegri solved this problem last year by having two really strong wingers that can run all day and put in a great defensive performance. We can get away from that and have Costa or Berna out there but where are we going to get the muscle in the middle? Khedira anda Pjanic clearly dont have it together so I think thats why Matuidi was brought in. If we pair him with Pjanic maybe that issue could be solved to some degree. Im not so sure it had fully but Max is still trying to find that balance and I think hes slowly getting the right balance of attack and defense.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Here is the issue with playing Dybala in the 4-2-3-1. We are really weak in the middle of the field. Allegri solved this problem last year by having two really strong wingers that can run all day and put in a great defensive performance. We can get away from that and have Costa or Berna out there but where are we going to get the muscle in the middle? Khedira anda Pjanic clearly dont have it together so I think thats why Matuidi was brought in. If we pair him with Pjanic maybe that issue could be solved to some degree. Im not so sure it had fully but Max is still trying to find that balance and I think hes slowly getting the right balance of attack and defense.
the solution is 4-3-1-2 with Cuadrado as RWB and Dybala with Higuain infront and Pjanic behind them.
Matuid-Can-SMS with Marchisio and Bentancur as backups :D voilà

Apr 19, 2007
the solution is 4-3-1-2 with Cuadrado as RWB and Dybala with Higuain infront and Pjanic behind them.
Matuid-Can-SMS with Marchisio and Bentancur as backups :D voilà
That could work but of course you always have another set of issues with any formation. I dont think we need to scrap our formation entirely but its never as easy as offensive playr equals more offense or vice versa.
Id see one big problem is being pinned back with no outlet to reciave the ball. If our Outside backs get pinned back and we have no width we would be very dependant on our forwards holding the ball up and they dont have the speed of a Morata to break through on the counter attack. We could have the same issue we have now with Dybala coming deep because he is so isolated

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
That could work but of course you always have another set of issues with any formation. I dont think we need to scrap our formation entirely but its never as easy as offensive playr equals more offense or vice versa.
Id see one big problem is being pinned back with no outlet to reciave the ball. If our Outside backs get pinned back and we have no width we would be very dependant on our forwards holding the ball up and they dont have the speed of a Morata to break through on the counter attack. We could have the same issue we have now with Dybala coming deep because he is so isolated
If we playedDani Alves as RB Cuadrado can as well. He did well in the 3-5-2 and we can't bench a player like him.
Sandro and Cuadrado garantee us some width plus a Pjanic as trequartista can offer many options! instead of having Dybala drop to the midfield to get the ball.
Don't forget we'll change manager in summer.
Dunno who it's going to be (probably Inzaghi knowing Juve) but we'll surely change!
And By the way given our subs we can switch when we want ot 4-3-3 and so on.
But one thing stand! 4 defenders and 3 cms. Else we suffer too much defensively speaking.
Matuidi must be on the field! he remind me a bit of Vidal for the intensity and all field pressing!

That way in the summer we'll need just 2 players.
Oblak and SMS.
Obviously we'll have to keep Dybala and Sandro!

Apr 19, 2007
If we Dani Alves played as RB Cuadrado can as well. He did well in the 3-5-2 and we can't bench a player like him.
Sandro and Cuadrado garantee us some width plus a Pjanic as trequartista can offer many options! instead of having Dybala drop to the midfield to get the ball.
Don't forget we'll change manager in summer.
Dunno who it's going to be (probably Inzaghi knowing Juve) but we'll surely change!
And By the way given our subs we can switch when we want ot 4-3-3 and so on.
But one thing stand! 4 defenders and 3 cms. Else we suffer too much defensively speaking.
Matuidi must be on the field! he remind me a bit of Vidal for the intensity and all field pressing!

That way in the summer we'll need just 2 players.
Oblak and SMS.
Obviously we'll have to keep Dybala and Sandro!
If we control the game we will have width but if we are pinned back we have no width as an outlet. If you remember we would drop back into 2 lines of 4 with that formation. Im not saying it wouldnt work but im not saying it would be fool proof as well. We could control the middle defensively but not in possesion. Im with you though I like the formation but I dont think that its a good idea with our current players.
Also Cuads and Alves are different players. Not comparable at all

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
If we control the game we will have width but if we are pinned back we have no width as an outlet. If you remember we would drop back into 2 lines of 4 with that formation. Im not saying it wouldnt work but im not saying it would be fool proof as well. We could control the middle defensively but not in possesion. Im with you though I like the formation but I dont think that its a good idea with our current players.
Also Cuads and Alves are different players. Not comparable at all
with men like Matuidi-Can-SMS in the midfield we will boss anyone!

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The need for a good CM with physical/defensive attributes in the squad was obvious, only wasn't to those who wanted Verratti as our sole midfield signing.

Matuidi is very very good, but we're trying to win every competition and need to do better for the XI. Unfortunately, we didn't have many options to pick from this past summer. For now, Matuidi is a huge improvement over Rincon/Sturaro/Lamela.

Will that be our midfield for Coppa Italia matches?
Unfair for SMS. He'd deserve a rest too.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
The need for a good CM with physical/defensive attributes in the squad was obvious, only wasn't to those who wanted Verratti as our sole midfield signing.

Matuidi is very very good, but we're trying to win every competition and need to do better for the XI. Unfortunately, we didn't have many options to pick from this past summer. For now, Matuidi is a huge improvement over Rincon/Sturaro/Lamela.

Unfair for SMS. He'd deserve a rest too.
True story, you summed it up pretty well. :tup:

P.S.: Lemina, not Lamela :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 103)

• Gian