Build/Predict Your Juve (63 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
[video=twitter;908691895727132672]https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/908691895727132672[/video]

Yeah, let's just pretend our stale midfield doesn't need any creativity.
Yeah, like dribbling is the only variable in the game, esp for a CM. And how many games did Kovacic play by Sept 15 and vs what opponents? lol

Whether our midfield needs another creative CM or not is a diff topic than whether Kovacic is overrated. And the answer is no. We need a quality B2B, not another Pjanic-type player.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Kovacic is a depth player. Depth players are not going to cost 60M.
They are grooming him to take over Modric’s role, who is 32 now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, like dribbling is the only variable in the game, esp for a CM.

Whether our midfield needs another creative CM or not is a diff topic than whether Kovacic is overrated. And the answer is no. We need a quality B2B, not another Pjanic-type player.
Kovacic isn’t anything like Pjanic. Pjanic is like Kroos or Pirlo. Kovacic is closer to Modric.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
They are grooming him to take over Modric’s role, who is 32 now.

- - - Updated - - -

Kovacic isn’t anything like Pjanic. Pjanic is like Kroos or Pirlo. Kovacic is closer to Modric.
The point was we need someone who can run more and defend better next to Pjanic.

In the end, they're both creative type of CMs. This isn't FM.

And Modric contributes more defensively compared to Kovacic.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The point was we need someone who can run more and defend better next to Pjanic.
We need to play a 3 man midfield, that's the winning formula. A destroyer (Matuidi, Casemiro), a deep lying playmaker (Pjanic, Kroos), and a midfielder who carries the ball forward (Kovacic, Modric). Right now, we have the first two, but we don't have the third. That's why Dybala always has to drop so deep: because Pjanic alone cannot carry the ball forward.

In the end, they're both creative type of CMs. This isn't FM.
Real Madrid played with 3 creative midfielders (Modric, Kroos, Isco) when they humiliated us in the CL final. But we can't even have two apparently...

The idea that you don't need more than one creative midfielder is a football philosophy still stuck in the 90s. Real Madrid and Barcelona have achieved their success in the Champions League through midfield domination.

And Modric contributes more defensively compared to Kovacic.
Wrong, Kovacic has been the natural substitute of Casemiro on several occasions. He contributes at least as much as Modric defensively. He's bigger and physically stronger too.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We need to play a 3 man midfield, that's the winning formula. A destroyer (Matuidi, Casemiro), a deep lying playmaker (Pjanic, Kroos), and a midfielder who carries the ball forward (Kovacic, Modric). Right now, we have the first two, but we don't have the third. That's why Dybala always has to drop so deep: because Pjanic alone cannot carry the ball forward.

Real Madrid played with 3 creative midfielders (Modric, Kroos, Isco) when they humiliated us in the CL final. But we can't even have two apparently...

The idea that you don't need more than one creative midfielder is a football philosophy still stuck in the 90s. Real Madrid and Barcelona have achieved their success in the Champions League through midfield domination.

Wrong, Kovacic has been the natural substitute of Casemiro on several occasions. He contributes at least as much as Modric defensively. He's bigger and physically stronger too.
If you want to play a 3-man mid, OK, but I prefer someone better than Matuidi, and I prefer a Pjanic-Marchisio(if he ever gets back to 100%)-Matuidi(but better) type blend where we've a mezzala, an all around mid, and a physical B2B or destroyer who can break play up.

And that's pretending Kovacic is actually good and not overrated.

He subbed in for Casemiro (along with Modric & Kroos) before because Casemiro was the only DM they had in the squad, and Kovacic was the sub for all of their CMs.

This season, there are two others (Ceballos looks better, & Llorente is the backup DM), and Kovacic only played some 70-odd La Liga minutes. Which makes your dribbling stat from Sept 15 all the more hilarious.

I think you'll be happier supporting Real or Barca.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
If you want to play a 3-man mid, OK, but I prefer someone better than Matuidi, and I prefer a Pjanic-Marchisio(if he ever gets back to 100%)-Matuidi(but better) type blend where we've a mezzala, an all around mid, and a physical B2B or destroyer who can break play up.

And that's pretending Kovacic is actually good and not overrated.
Kovacic is an all around mid, and it’s unlikely that Marchisio will ever be at 100% again.

This season, there are two others (Ceballos looks better, & Llorente is the backup DM), and Kovacic only played some 70-odd La Liga minutes. Which makes your dribbling stat from Sept 15 all the more hilarious.
That stat takes into consideration the calendar year of 2017. Can you even read?

I think you'll be happier supporting Real or Barca.
I think you’d be happier if we bought another good creative midfielder instead of making excuses to why we don’t need him while Dybala drops between our centerbacks just to get the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)