Build/Predict Your Juve (26 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I doubt that. It's not even that different to what we fielded last season in most games. Basically just Ramsey in place of Matuidi.
:howler::sergio: I don't even...

What's your prediction?
What we've been doing lately: Address every position and try and improve it on squad level rather than focus on three key buys (starting RCB, 2 CMs) which is what we need this time.

As for the lineup, it'll be something more balanced and sensible.

Jun 6, 2015
:howler::sergio: I don't even...

What we've been doing lately: Address every position and try and improve it on squad level rather than focus on three key buys (starting RCB, 2 CMs) which is what we need this time.

As for the lineup, it'll be something more balanced and sensible.
What you don't even?

And what is that balanced line-up you think Sarri would field with the current players? It can't be this difficult to answer a simple question.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What you don't even?

And what is that balanced line-up you think Sarri would field with the current players? It can't be this difficult to answer a simple question.
I don't think Sarri will field a lineup comprised of only what we have now next season because we'll sign some new players.

I don't understand the point of this exercise.

Add Matuidi or Can to your midfield. That's what a balanced midfield looks like. And Dybala as winger simply doesn't work.

Jun 6, 2015
I don't think Sarri will field a lineup comprised of only what we have now next season because we'll sign some new players.

I don't understand the point of this exercise.

Add Matuidi or Can to your midfield. That's what a balanced midfield looks like. And Dybala as winger simply doesn't work.
The point was to think about which of our current players Sarri might like and in which roles he might like to play them in. I don't personally like Dybala as a winger either, but simply found it hard to find any other position for him in a 4-3-3 which is why I pointed out that maybe we could play 4-3-1-2 with Dybi and Ronaldo as strikers. I'd happily see Matuidi continue to start but simply fear Sarri might not rate him. Blaise did play in a more possession based PSG team as starter so who knows.

The whole point of this thread is to build and predict possible Juve line-ups. I do agree that it's a pretty pointless exercise to predict line-ups especially before the transfer window is done. Not sure what's so difficult to understand in all this.

So how about that line-up now? Or are you scared? :p

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
If Sarri join us, our most important transfer will be his Hamsik/Jorginho
This will be an AMF, a CAM not a CM!
This is the reason i m mostly exctited by his arrival.
Juve didnt have such a player since the ZZ days and there can be an attacking plan without such a player to execute.
I expect the bulk of our budget to go there, the team to be built upon him and CR7 and this will decide our future!
A role Ramsey will fill

Strickland

May 17, 2019
if I had to guess, I'd say Sarri with our current players would rather play Dybala as 9 and Ronaldo as the Insigne/Hazard of the team not the other way around and also the midfield would include a DM.

Woj
Cancelo-Rugani-Chiellini-Sandro
Can-Pjanic-Ramsey
Berna-Dybala-Ronaldo

Jun 6, 2015
if I had to guess, I'd say Sarri with our current players would rather play Dybala as 9 and Ronaldo as the Insigne/Hazard of the team not the other way around and also the midfield would include a DM.

Woj
Can-Pjanic-Ramsey
Berna-Dybala-Ronaldo
That's probably the way I would play the front three.

The only problem might be Ronaldo not really helping out in defense, but then again you could have Berna dropping deeper to form a 4-4-2 when defending.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Woj
Can-Pjanic-Ramsey
Berna-Dybala-Ronaldo
Where is Hysaj in your setup?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
CR7 - Kean

Eriksen - Pogba - Ramsey/Berna

Can

AS - De ligt - Chiellini - Cancelo

Woj

Pjanic and Dybala out, which means we would be way more dynamic. Much love for Pjanic, but i think he just ain't dynamic enough. he is great at set pieces, has great vision but can't really move forward with the ball well enough. Dybala, needs certain type of role in a team and when we already have CR7, i think it's little bit too much to have him in here. he ain't the fastest guys around, he's little bit soft and as long as CR7 is here, we really can't give defensive freedom to 2 guys at once.

we could get rid of Cancelo as well if we have chance to cash in with him, no doubt about that. AS is good enough even tho, i thought at some point he isn't, but i think he will do just fine. Chiellini is injury prone so Bonucci/Chiellini/De Ligt would share the duties. Can is a tank, with ability to play as a CB as well so he's fine. middlefield would be very dynamic, especially Pogba bringing in speed, Eriksen bringing the work ethic, as he has to be top 3 with the distance covered past couple of seasons in PL. all the middlefielders would with the ability to get ball through to the forwards, no doubt about that. CR7 and Kean on the top, especially Kean hopefully taking a step into right direction next season and why wouldn't he, as he's more experienced + having way better middlefield shouldn't be nothing but a good thing.

i think our problem last season was most of the time the fact that our off ball movement was completely zero, too static and we just didn't have dynamic players enough to carry the ball either. Matuidi did his job 10/10 but when he doesn't have any skill to bring ball forward, he's basically "useless". Pjanic did what he could, but he's like old time number 10, with limited movement, but with a great vision and still is an excellent player, but he lacks those areas what we need to improve so cashing in with him, would be the right thing to do IMO. Can on the middle alongside with Matuidi? come on...

we're investing on speed and mobility on the middle, reinforcing our CB's since we have aging "core" in that area. that means we'll sell Dybala and Pjanic + maybe Cancelo, and buying De Ligt, Eriksen and Pogba. that would be a huge change, but if we compare ourselves to current UCL winner Liverpool, they have the best full backs in the world, one of the best attacking trios in the world, excellent goalkeeper and decent enough in the middle. our project looks like it is to win the Champions League, we bought Ronaldo because of that and it seems we're part of something bigger and more ambient so since we're at it, go for it.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Sarriball 433:

D.Costa - Ronaldo - Chiesa
Sergej
- E.Can - Ramsey
Emerson - Chiellini - Bonucci - Hysaj
Szczesny​

Bench:
Bernardeschi, Cuadrado, Bentancur, Kean, Matuidi, Spinazzola, Rugani, De Sciglio, Perin, Demiral, Sensi, Zaniolo

In:
Sergej, Chiesa, Emerson, Hysaj, Zaniolo, Demiral, Sensi, (Romero)

Out:
Higuain, Dybala, Cancelo, Pjanic, Mandzukic, Alex Sandro

Highly profitable mercato. FFP balanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)