Buffon in betting scandal! Also Iuliano, Maresca, Chimenti (9 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
hambon said:
Serie B??? I wouldnt think so...its not the players faults for all this madness, The worst that can happen is a Insane fine to be payed by Juve and Moggi and the boys to be fired......
didn't read the news? all the board resigned..

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
snoop said:
didn't read the news? all the board resigned..
WTF!!! i have been gone for 2 days and all this happens?? gimmie some links or something i am in comatosis right now and cant think properly:faq1:

May 11, 2006
ok i will assume that alllllllllllll this is true. and the club (juventus) is the worst place on earth. the most rotten place on this planet it's even worse that the white house.

But tell me this, doesn't it strike anyone that all this happening suddenly like that two weeks before the last two games of the season?? and all this happening through the media not through the police or investigators?

i mean how blind you have to be to not see that there is someone behind all this and moving the media as he/they wish?

the thing is: all this won't stop the crazy CELEBRATION next sunday. so good luck to the media and those who behind it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Prominent Players Exposed In Italian Betting Scandal The web of corruption that appears to have ensnared Italian football is gradually being untangled by official investigators, but each new revelation prompts a further sharp intake of breath.

Today it is revealed by the Torino and Parma magistrates probing match-fixing suspicions raised by unusual betting patterns for a number of matches last season that four Juventus players allegedly illegally bet on the outcome of last season's Coppa Italia tie between Atalanta and Juventus, which Atalanta won 5-3 on aggregate (the first leg finished 2-0 to Atalanta, the second was a 3-3 draw in Turin).

The players alleged to have placed bets have been named as Gianluigi Buffon, Enzo Maresca (now at Sevilla), Antonio Chimenti (now with Cagliari) and Iuliano (now at Sampdoria)

The betting scandal has come to light through phone calls intercepted by the Guardia di Finanza, a special police force that deals exclusively with financial crime.

The intercepted calls are alleged to expose the existence of a syndicate that used fake names to transfer money to phoney accounts that would be used to place bets which were sometimes as high as 100,000 Euros per game.

It was the size of the bets that first alerted the suspicions of the investigators.

Potentially the alleged wrong-doers, if proven guilty, could face fines, suspensions and possibly even jail terms.

For the most high-profile of the four, Buffon, his involvement in the forthcoming World Cup for Italy is now thought to be in jeopardy.

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
TheOldLady said:
ok i will assume that alllllllllllll this is true. and the club (juventus) is the worst place on earth. the most rotten place on this planet it's even worse that the white house.

But tell me this, doesn't is strike anyone that all this happening suddenly like that two weeks before the last two games of the season?? and all this happening through the media not through the police or investigators?

i mean how blind you have to be to not see that there is someone behind all this and moving the media as he/they wish?

the thing is: all this won't stop the crazy CELEBRATION next sunday. so good luck to the media and those who behind it.
totally agree..some fuckas down here should realize that instead of bashing juve
:disagree:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
OMG I really can't wait for sunday's game now... FORZA JUVE forever..
Lets make sunday a big win and we will all stand up and say in the words of our beloved bro Rab "SOAP IT" to all juve haters.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Do you know why did they chose buffon over any other Juve player to include in this scandal?
I will tell you why.
Capello loves Ibra, so he will start with him on Reggina's match. They already know he wont score.
So if Juve won't score they will still win if juve can keep their sheets clean. Which is Buffon's job. So they start bring out rumors and scandals about buffon.
The thing is even if Reggina scored against us and ibra failed to score. WE STILL HAVE THE BEST PLAYER OF THEM ALL ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO.

May 11, 2006
I wonder who for? Buffon or Juve
For Buffon of course.

They'll bring Buffon with chains on his hands wearing Milan's shirt and they will say to all other players: See ...that what will happen to you if you cheat!!

We send you to Milan and you get to look at those everyday

then you get to play CL final and lose it in only six minutes!!

You get to be famous :D

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
TheOldLady said:
For Buffon of course.

They'll bring Buffon with chains on his hands wearing Milan's shirt and they will say to all other players: See ...that what will happen to you if you cheat!!

We send you to Milan and you get to look at those everyday

then you get to play CL final and lose it in only six minutes!!

You get to be famous :D

:lol: :lol:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
1. as far as I remember Buffon did not play last year against Atalanta in coppa last year...
2. maresca was not a juve player last year.
3. Chiementi ,hm from him I expect everything ;)
4. Iuliano is guilty..

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
ZAF3000 said:
Do you know why did they chose buffon over any other Juve player to include in this scandal?
I will tell you why.
Capello loves Ibra, so he will start with him on Reggina's match. They already know he wont score.
So if Juve won't score they will still win if juve can keep their sheets clean. Which is Buffon's job. So they start bring out rumors and scandals about buffon.
The thing is even if Reggina scored against us and ibra failed to score. WE STILL HAVE THE BEST PLAYER OF THEM ALL ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO.
word

Apr 30, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
For the most high-profile of the four, Buffon, his involvement in the forthcoming World Cup for Italy is now thought to be in jeopardy.

FFS! Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? What, he should be thrown out of the World Cup squad because of a newspaper article?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)