Buffon: I did nothing wrong (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Gianluigi Buffon was interrogated by public prosecutors today and, although he did bet on sports, insists it was not done illegally.

“It is true that I placed a few bets, but only where it was allowed,” explained the Juventus goalkeeper in the Turin magistrate’s office today.

“I stopped in the autumn of 2005, when it was banned for players to gamble. I have always respected the rules, both legal and disciplinary. I only ever bet on foreign football and other sports, because in Italy I was not allowed to do anything else.”

Buffon was named as one of the players under investigation by the Parma public prosecutor for a betting ring.

There were newspaper rumours these allegations could cost him his place in Italy’s World Cup squad, so the former Parma shot-stopper was eager to clear his name quickly.

It is legal for Italians to bet on Internet sites for overseas football, but at the start of this season all players were banned from betting on any sports to avoid the possibility of a conflict of interests.<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
im glad he came out with this statement, he isn't guility and if he is telling the truth which i believe he is then their is no proof against him

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
This step is a very brave one from Buffon...

I hope many claimed scandals will be cleared in the same way SOON...

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
i also believe that buffon is innocent and i cant believe that they even thought that buffon is involved in this scandal!! buffon is our hero and i would put my life on the fact that he would never, ever in his life do such a thing!!!

in fact i think that no player from the juve squad had anything to do with this scandal!! its simply embarasing to even suspect in any of the players!!!

THIS IS MAKING ME SO GOD DAMN NERVIOS AND MAD!!!!

JUVE FOREVER!!!!!!

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
a) There have been several gambling incidents involving players in Italy over the last few decades.
b) The fact Buffon says he didn't do anything, doesn't necessarily mean he really didn't do anything.
c) Why take the risk, Gigi? You know it doesn't look very clean when players gamble, so really, why the risk?

That said, I still believe Buffon wasn't that stupid to bet on games that involved Juventus or Serie A.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Obviously there's something wrong with betting against yourself, but what's wrong with betting on yourself to win? It's just extra motivation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)