Buffon hit by new injury (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Gianluigi Buffon’s Serie A comeback has been postponed until the New Year after the Juventus goalkeeper was hit by another injury.

The Italian international underwent surgery after damaging shoulder ligaments in the Trofeo Berlusconi match with Milan on August 14. Although he made his comeback in the Coppa Italia tie at Fiorentina a fortnight ago, he hasn’t felt ready for another appearance.

Now the club has confirmed that an injury to his big toe is affecting his performance and he will probably not be seen on the playing field until the Palermo encounter on January 7.

However, Buffon himself admits that the physical setback is not the only reason he hasn’t yet made his first Serie A outing of the season.

“I still have a few psychological issues to deal with and I am not physically 100 per cent fit either,” confessed the shot-stopper.

“If we include the summer holidays, I haven’t really played competitive football for seven months. That is a very long time for a goalkeeper. I will return when I feel ready.”

Buffon conceded two goals in that Coppa Italia 2-2 draw at the Stadio Artemio Franchi and the fact the game was halted when tear gas seeped on to the pitch did not help ease him back into the swing of things.

Juventus are in no rush to bring the Italian No 1 between the posts again, as Christian Abbiati has filled in admirably and the Christmas break should give Buffon time to recover fully.<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We are doing fine with Abbiati, the only reason I want Buffon to be back is for the Azzurri not for Juventus.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
juventus can do without him for a certain period.italy cant.
so i hope he gets his physical and psychlogical condition back soon.
what my concern is,that by his psyclogical condition he might be reffering to the fear in his mind when it comes to going for saves that might result in injury.i really hope that doesnt happen.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ßömßärdiër said:
You guys can't even buy a break with this guy, but what psychological problems doe this cat have?
I've been warning that this was coming...

Undoubtedly, it involves having to go back on the pitch and paying attention to the game with visions of Alena Seredova's breasts bouncing in his head.

Poor guy. He didn't stand a chance. :disagree:

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
He didn't seem mentaly fit in Violas match, the second goal we coneded he seemed afraid to go for the ball....

Apr 12, 2004
swag said:
I've been warning that this was coming...

Undoubtedly, it involves having to go back on the pitch and paying attention to the game with visions of Alena Seredova's breasts bouncing in his head.

Poor guy. He didn't stand a chance. :disagree:
Sometimes when my girlfriend is here chilling with me, watching tv or whatever, she will do something with her face/eyes/body that she does in bed and I will just get a huge woody and have to go to town on her, so i can understand his plight.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
this news is actionly not new, I heard about that after the serie A match against fiorentina.
these are really bad news. I hope he will be back soon.. Abbiati is good but we still need gigi:frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)