buffon goal keeper of the year ! (1 Viewer)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Go Super-gigi Buffon!

And where is Dida? I think he's almost as good as Buffon! How can Kahn be better than him?!

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
is this for 2004? shouldn't Antonios Nikopolidis appears at least on the top 3? or not being in a big club so u don't get selected?

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++
according to The FiFa calssification This Year

buffon won The award with 850 point.

second place went to oliver kahn(256) point & the third for chelsea's goal keeper Petr Cech (251) point.

Go Go Go Gianluigi .

congratulation
is there a link to this list? There is nothing on the FIFA web page....I am curious to see where Dida did finally end up?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Casillas is awful, probably the most overrated goalie on the planet. Can't hold a shot or cross to save his life, and very overdramatic.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I disagree, Casillas is a fantastic shot stopper, and one of the keepers with the best reflexes in the world. He might not be as good at hollding a shot as Buffon, but he's a world class keeper nonetheless.

Casillas is brilliant.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Do you really think you can become Real Madrid and Spain first choice goalkeeper, as well as star in a CL final and singlehandidly save your team from defeat by being a bad goalkeeper?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
that CL final is old news now Zlatan, we are talking about the best goalies in the world at present. Casillas has been decidedly dodgy in recent matches, the fact that he's spain's number one would suggest to me a potential reason for their lack of success - they simply do not have the players. Oh, and to play for Real Madrid you have to be either a local boy or world famous, talent has very little to do with it.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I disagree, I personaly think that Casillas is one of the top 3 goalkeepers in the world. But you are right about Madrid tho, they buy the best and most famous players, and that, IMO, only proves his worth, as if he wasnt good enough he would have been replaced years ago by a more prominent goalkeeper, a Buffon, or Kahn, or Toldo...

IMO he's been one of the better Madrid players in the past two seasons, and in Spain he has Canizares as competition and the fact that he's keeping him on the bench is another sign of his quality. I've seen him play live against Bosnia twice, and I can tell you that he's always been great, in those two macthes we played some excellent football, but only got away with two draws, thanks to Iker who saved them more than once.

I personaly rate him very highly.

OP

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    Here's The List

1- Gianluigi Buffon (juventus) 580 point

2- oliver kahn(Bayren munich) 256 point

3- Petr Cech (chelsae) 251 point

4- Dida (AcMilan)198 point

5- IKer Casillas (Real Madrid) 98 point

6- Francesco Toldo (intermilan) 50 point

7- Ivan Pelizzoli (roma ) 20 point

8- Jens Lehmann (Arsenal) 9 point

9- victor valdes (Barcelona) 7 point

10- Santiago Canizares(Valencia) 3 point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)