Buffon covers every angle (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Bianconeri custodian Gigi Buffon lifted the lid on a variety of topics in an exclusive interview with Sky this afternoon.
The 34-year-old discussed the club’s impending return to Champions League action, revealed the name of the new arrival to have impressed him the most and clarified his own position regarding new contract talks.
He also found time to look ahead to Sunday’s clash with Genoa and send a good luck message to friend and former team-mate Alessandro Del Piero.
Here’s a selection of Gigi’s thoughts taken from the interview:
The heavy fixture schedule
“They will provide an added test and it will be important to see how we manage to handle so many games in a short space of time. It’s a good testing ground for everyone.”
Juve’s potential rivals
“There are three or four sides who might be considered behind us at the starting point of the season, but I believe they could come through over time. I’m thinking about Milan, Inter, Roma and above all Napoli. They have a tried and tested system in place and have worked under the same manager for a significant period of time.”
Antonio Conte
“Last year the manager pulled off a true miracle, giving us conviction and determination. He shook up the team and the targets we achieved have provided us with conviction in our own means.”
The most impressive new arrival
“Asamoah was a genuine surprise because he knew how to handle a ‘triple jump’, which is what’s required when you move from a team like Udinese to Juventus. He’s done this by showing drive, strength, sacrifice and great technique. He’s really impressed me, but he’s not the only one. I also think that Isla could be an important weapon in our armoury.”
Sunday’s meeting with Genoa
“We’ll come up against Borriello. He’s a player I fear greatly, as is Immobile. He’s had to sweat for everything he’s achieved and now he wants to take advantage of the opportunity that’s come his way.”
Return to Champions League action
“I’ve been forced to spend many Tuesdays and Wednesdays watching it from the sofa at home. I’ve got a decent TV and the picture is good, but being there on the pitch is another thing entirely... My team-mates and I have missed playing in the competition, but the two-year exile has been good for us, because now we’ll fight right until the last bead of sweat in every game. Chelsea? They pulled off a miracle last year, because there were teams better equipped than they were. However, Di Matteo has managed to make their play compact and solid, and these features enabled them to enjoy success.”
Del Piero’s Australian adventure
“He wanted to embark on a new life that will enrich him greatly. I’d like to wish him the very best of luck and I’m convinced he’s still got a long career ahead of him, in which he’ll be able to break other records.”
New contract talks
“I’m lucky enough to find myself in a stimulating environment. I feel a key part of this and manage to show that on the pitch. When that happens I’m happy, and so I won’t have any problems in accepting the offer that will come my way. I’m in no rush, Juventus have had other things to think about over this recent period and it’s right that my situation takes a back seat for the time being. Wanting the opposite would be selfish. The future? I still haven’t thought about it. Never say never, but I fully believe that when I end my Juventus career I will no longer play in Italy.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)