Bruno Alves - CB - Zenit St Petersburg (48 Viewers)

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
You think it's better than:

Cesar

Lucio-Samuel-Chivu

Maicon-Motta-Cambiasso-Nagatomo

Sneijder​

And then two of Pazzini, Milito, Forlan and Alvarez?

There are an awful lot of players in that team who know how to win games.
i think we are competetive with inter. we are on the raise, they are weaker this year. eto was carrying inter many times last year, hes gone. inter are too dependent on snijder, so hopefully hes not on form the whole year.

'

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
i think we are competetive with inter. we are on the raise, they are weaker this year. eto was carrying inter many times last year, hes gone. inter are too dependent on snijder, so hopefully hes not on form the whole year.

'
Inter easily has a better squad than us. Don't fool yourself.

Jun 24, 2011
Someone was asking who should we buy instead of him.

Here

Coates to Liverpool for £4.9 million. Alves will cost more and he is in age of Coates' father.
Don't get me wrong. Coates seems like a great player, and he is a big talent. But then again, he has only played for Nacional and has not proved his worth at a bigger/better club. We need experience and stability. That being said, I would love to see Coates in the future - if he unlocks his potential :)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
i dont think so. they are getting older, and i think we have a good chance to do better then them this year.
They are getting older. Everyone else is as far as I'm concerned. On paper, they look better. How they'll perform team-wise, I guess we have to wait and see them playing first.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
They are getting older. Everyone else is as far as I'm concerned. On paper, they look better. How they'll perform team-wise, I guess we have to wait and see them playing first.
agreed
i hate inter too much to objectivly rate their players :p but lucio, zanetti are getting too old arent they?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
what i'd like to know is, is alves another bonehead like bonucci and chiellini? or is he more of a organiser and slightly more elegant. From the little ive seen of him suggests that its possibly not the latter
Bonehead in occasional Zebina-like moves. But not bonehead in like Alex's laugher blown coverage last week.

Bruno Alves is not quarter player of Cannavaro was. We are talking about a player who spent his whole career in Porto and Zenit.
Cannavaro was kinda horsemeat until he left Inter, though.

Porto is a proper team.
Not only that, but Porto often played with a 3-man defense with a lone CB. And today Porto makes Juve look like C.F. Os Belenenses.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Inter and Milan are 3 quality players ahead if us at this point but we ARE the best of the rest if we get Alves. Doomsayers like to delude themselves otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)