Bruno Alves - CB - Zenit St Petersburg (102 Viewers)

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
No opinion on this guy either. Opinion seems divided on this guy, big time, from what I've read elsewhere. Some say he's a bonehead and shit, others say he's good.

I wonder...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've Never really seen him Play... Between alex Lugano And rhudolfo where do you rate this guy
Pros: Deserved Portuguese league player of the year in 2008. A smart CB (won't pull Alex's boneheaded moves) who can be mobile as a DM. Generally decent, albeit not great, defending. Solid also for the Portuguese NT, which CR7 isn't even. Leadership qualities from the back.

Cons: Getting on a little in years. Can make irrational tackles a la Zebina at times -- could use a cooler head. And the old: "Portugal CB? Remember Andrade?" problem...

I'd say he's a legit improvement over Bonucci, for example, but the mystery is how he'd adjust to a club like Juve.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
A friend of mine, Zenit big fan, told me that they really want Bonucci and they are ready to let Alves, go! He think Bonucci is wordclass because he is a "starter" for italy.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
I don't think that non-Juve fans watch Juventus' games every week. He may have seen very few. Just like you guess for other team players and call them wordclass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)