Bruno Alves - CB - Zenit St Petersburg (98 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
It would be absolutely perfect for Freddy to remain as one of ourback up CBs, with the highly experienced Alvez, Chiellini and Barzagli to learn from, and finally at least one decent RB and two competent LBs to allow the youngster to deputise in his natural position, rather than as cb/rb combined...

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
That is exactly what I was thinking if both Lugano and Alves come to Juve. People are going to say that it is a stupid move, and that he's not nearly as good a LB as he is a CB, which is somewhat true. However, he would be a massive improvement over Zeigler and Kutcher that a backline of Licht-Lugano-Alves-Chiellini would just about qualify as fap worthy. All the while still keeping the depth at CB with Barzagli and Sorensen.

that just means scudetto !!, i think with 4 2 4 attacking formation...this defense with Vidal to protect them is just huge improvement ...

i fan this defense so much ...

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
That is exactly what I was thinking if both Lugano and Alves come to Juve. People are going to say that it is a stupid move, and that he's not nearly as good a LB as he is a CB, which is somewhat true. However, he would be a massive improvement over Zeigler and Kutcher that a backline of Licht-Lugano-Alves-Chiellini would just about qualify as fap worthy. All the while still keeping the depth at CB with Barzagli and Sorensen.
I said the exact same thing before and was called stupid lol

Thats some fucking scary backline right there, and it'll limit the number of penalties Chiellini is going to cause by letting him defend on the flank lol.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
First of all changing Chiellini main role to LB is retarded
Its like taking Zambrotta (back then) from a LB and let him mainly play LW or RW
While Chiellini is a great CB he is not even remotely close to great playing LB therefore we lose a great CB and gain an ok LB
Lugano and Alves are good players but are not great (saying this based on comments here) therefore we gain nothing by putting both as our starting CBs
Also it is quite a risk putting 2 new CBs in the starting 11 especially when there is no much time left for them to adjust.

If you look at it this way you gain 2 good (not great) CBs and 1 ok LB while losing a great CB
I rather buy 1 of those two and get a great LB which would give us 2 great and 1 good players which is a way better scenario

Anyway you look at it changing Chiellini`s main role to a LB is retarded
(I`m not saying he shouldnt play a single game as a LB. I`m saying that shouldnt be his main role)

As for Alves- It seems like it could be a done deal but we wait to see if we could get someone else otherwise why should it be postponed?!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
ive seen alves put in right back position on occasions whilst at porto he did well, we could experiment as. Chiellini is perfect cb but his competent lb. if an alves and lugano partnership works out then theres nothing wrong with moving chiellini on left. Obviously not all the time but ive never been so excited about our defence ina long time. bruno and lugano would be great. sorenson can learn shitloads under these defenders and lets face it injuries are inevitable so we will have good cover. barzagli can play in coppa.all the time but ive never been so excited about our defence ina long time. bruno and lugs would be great. sorenson can learn shitloads under these defenders and lets face it injuries are inevitable so we will have good cover. barzagli can play in coppa.works out then theres nothing wrong with moving chiellini on left. Obviously not all the time but ive never been so excited about our defence ina long time. bruno and lugano would be great. sorenson can learn shitloads under these defenders and lets face it injuries are inevitable so we will have good cover. barzagli can play in coppa.all the time but ive never been so excited about our defence ina long time. bruno and lugs would be great. sorenson can learn shitloads under these defenders and lets face it injuries are inevitable so we will have good cover. barzagli can play in coppa.

May 4, 2004
ive seen alves put in right back position on occasions whilst at porto he did well, we could experiment as. Chiellini is perfect cb but his competent lb. if an alves and lugano partnership works out then theres nothing wrong with moving chiellini on left. Obviously not all the time but ive never been so excited about our defence ina long time. bruno and alves would be great. sorenson can learn shitloads under these defenders and lets face it injuries are inevitable so we will have good cover. barzagli can play in coppa.all the time but ive never been so excited about our defence ina long time. bruno and lugs would be great. sorenson can learn shitloads under these defenders and lets face it injuries are inevitable so we will have good cover. barzagli can play in coppa.
:D

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
  • Thread Starter #174
    Honestly he's a real bastard but with him and Chiellini and Lichtsteiner, our defence goes from being pussys to actual butchers.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Those three + Vidal = record number of yellow and red cards in Serie A.
    add lugano to the pack and we would do it in an exemplary way. whilst one is out on suspension, the other covers and then his out on suspension. sorenson would get plenty of games. omg this is too exciting more than signing an aguero :tuttosport:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    would have been great if melo had been around too we would have a monster juve. merda would shit their pants before stepping on the pitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)