British man convicted for a twitter joke (1 Viewer)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So to sum up the thread...

JBF doesn't really understand the concept of free speech.

Britain doesn't understand their own laws.

Andy (of all people) thinks the world is made of pussies.

Muslims are taking over England.

And finally Nick's take on life...

My eyes have seen the glory of the tramplin at the zoo,
We washed ourselves in niggers blood and all the mongrals too,
We're taking down the zog machine jew by jew by jew,
The white man marches on

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What about clowns in high places?
That would suck, but could be dealt with like all other fears in life.

I don't really fear clowns in the frightened sense, I just don't understand the concept or reason for their existence. I find them odd.

However, my fear of heights is legitimate. I don't like heights, but I sometimes find myself doing things in high places.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, I hope you like having some pervert feel up your wife when you fly. I think it's pretty absurd how the entire West has become so pussified that every single remark is taken as a terroristic threat, even when it is obviously meant as a joke. Just read the guy's Tweet. I mean, seriously? You feel threatened by that? His supposed "threat" was about on the same level as seen on this forum, with folks claiming they will "kill themselves" if we lose to Roma.

And besides, isn't there enough security at the airport already, guarding against this sort of thing? Or would you rather have everyone body scanned prior to entering the terminal as well?

This is simply the pussification of the West. The terrorists have won, all you losers are performing fellatio on OBL every single day of your life. Pretty sad shit. And hey, despite the police state facts, you'll still get the random, drugged up moron without a Passport cleared to fly on a plane towards Detroit, so keep bowing down to your masters.

Bunch of fucking pussies in this nation.
Andy, this isn't about terrorists -- at least in a TV news media sense. This is about the fact that we live in a society with sick people who shoot innocent bystanders with a minor while hiding out in the trunk of their car. People who put anthrax in the mail. People who keep a gun under the driver's seat of their car just in case somebody cuts them off. People who are distraught with their jobs or married life so that they take up arms against schools, offices, etc. People who pilot private planes into office buildings.

We can all joke about "going postal", but as with a lot of humor, to quote The Simpsons, "It's funny because it's true."

Is it worth it to follow up on suspicious threats even if 99 times out of 100 someone doesn't get blown up? Sure, those odds are pretty low. But the downside of being wrong is on a pretty miserable scale. So using a probability-weighted impact analysis, you have a lot of false alarms that still make it worth it from a public safety perspective.

Laughing off or dismissing threats to blow something up aren't really an option. It's one thing to be looking for a threat that doesn't present itself in day-to-day activity. It's a whole other thing when someone actively makes a threat, regardless of who makes the call of how to interpret shades of gray in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)