Brescia - Juventus (13 Viewers)

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002

nina

Feb 18, 2001
GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6, Zambrotta 5.5, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6.5, Pessotto 6, Moretti 5, Camoranesi 5.5, Tacchinardi 6.5, Davids 6, Conte sv, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio 5, Del Piero 5.5, Zalayeta 5.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6, Zambrotta 5, Thuram 6, Ferrara 5, Pessotto 6, Moretti 5, Camoranesi 5.5, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6, Conte sv, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio 5, Del Piero 5, Zalayeta 5.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 5.5, Zambrotta 5.5, Thuram 5, Ferrara 5, Pessotto 6, Moretti 5, Camoranesi 4.5, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 6, Conte 5.5, Nedved 5, Di Vaio 4, Del Piero 5, Zalayeta 5.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Thuram 5.5, Ferrara 5, Pessotto 6, Moretti 5, Camoranesi 5, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6.5, Conte 5.5, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio 4.5, Del Piero 5, Zalayeta 5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 6, Zambrotta 5.5, Thuram 6, Ferrara 6, Pessotto 6, Moretti 5, Camoranesi 5, Tacchinardi 6, Davids 6.5, Conte sv, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio 5, Del Piero 5, Zalayeta 5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Thuram 6, Ferrara 5, Pessotto 5.5, Moretti 5, Camoranesi 5.5, Tacchinardi 5.5, Davids 6.5, Conte sv, Nedved 5, Di Vaio 4.5, Del Piero 5, Zalayeta 5.5.

juventus.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Di Vaio lowest rate was a 4???? he should have a 2.5 if it was for me!!
I mean, I have watch players lost clear chances but, yesterday Di Vaio win the award!! I mean, i¿the header chance!!! and the one on one chance!!!
I'm really tired of Di Vaio...
I say, if he keeps like this: Sell Salas and Di Vaio and bring Sculli and Miccoli

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Yesterday Brescia was tactically better - Simple. They played a game which to date haunts Juventus. It's long since I saw Juve beat a team that defends as a whole and breaks sporadically to great effect. Schopp was a pain, constantly testing Pessotto. One thing that worked well for Brescia was that they fouled at every opportunity - breaking up play. That is no reason for us to loose though. We were crap yesterday but no big deal. We should put that all behind us and concentrate on Basle now.

BTW I think Tare committed way too many fouls Paul so no MOM for him from me.

The 7 minutes were justified - Just count the fouls committed and you'll know why.

ps/ Am still reluctant to come out hard on Di Vaio or Salas coz am quite patient :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Tacchi got the highest ratings and yet he's getting ur critisicm :groan:
is that groan for the people giving the ratings, or us for critisicing him?

i saw the game, no way he was our best player. he can't pass or distribute the ball. davids for instance was 5 times better.

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
its over, lets close this thread now......we dont have to dwell on such a bad result. It will only bring gloom and more gloom.

Basel here we come......i hope we dont repeat a Brescia

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
A few comments after watching the game, and almost choking on my pasta....

We out passed, out chanced and outplayed Brescia, and have NOTHING to show for it

We could do nothing in front of the net- ESPECIALLY DIVAIO !!! He just could not pull the trigger on a few, and missed an open net header

Zalayeta is an acceptable player for the Coppa, and exibition games against amateurs and children... Thats it !!!

DiVaio out for DP ??? What was Lippi thinking ??? He should have taken out Zala, who was non-existant all day

We are having demented dreams if we think this team will compete in the CL- WE WILL NOT MAKE IT OUT OF THIS ROUND OF THE CL- and that is REALITY !!!

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
They are indeed terrible misses and they cost us dearly. The sooner Trez comes back the better. Anyone who scores as many goals as he did for us last season is near unreplaceable. Shame the best we could do is Di Vaio:down:

I suspect he'll play on Wednesday and he better do better.:fero:

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ Soccerage ] ++
Matteo Sereni (Brescia) – Right now, Di Vaio and Zalayeta are not worth a half of Vieri, who scored 4 goals against Brescia just one week ago. However, the former Ipswich keeper was very reliable yesterday.
:howler: Did we ever test him at all? I can't remember a single save from him :LOL:

Soccerage.com :rolleyes:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Brescia 2 - 0 Juventus
Posted by Nina | Football Italia

Brescia earn their first win of the season and end Juve's unbeaten record so far this season in an unexpected result.

Roberto Baggio took on his former club, but Juventus rested several players - including Alessandro Del Piero - ahead of their midweek Champions' League match with Basle.

Gianluca Pessotto was given his first start since rupturing knee ligaments before the World Cup, replacing the suspended Alessandro Birindelli.

Baggio immediately proved dangerous when combining with Igli Tare, but his drive was wide of the post.

Markus Schopp was also a worry for Juve and went close with a fine run and slightly wayward header.

Juventus really should have opened the scoring on 32 minutes. Marco Di Vaio was allowed a free header by the back post, but despite the slack marking he incredibly turned it wide.

Brescia took heed of this let-off and started to increase the pressure with a Baggio volley and Stephan Appiah counter-attack.

Before the break Di Vaio had another two good opportunities, but twice he hesitated and allowed Martinez to close him down.

Brescia came out fighting in the second half and within four minutes Austrian midfielder Schopp had rattled the crossbar with a dipping volley from the edge of the box.

There was controversy on 53 minutes when Appiah charged past Gianluca Zambrotta in the box. The Juventus winger slipped and the referee stopped the promising move for a very dubious push.

Something had to spark up the Bianconeri and Lippi threw on Del Piero in place of the disappointing Di Vaio.

Juve's first real chance of the second half arrived on 63 minutes when Marcelo Zalayeta met a splendid Zambrotta centre, but Matteo Sereni was equal to it.

But Baggio and Appiah continued to cause problems with fierce efforts just off target.

Schopp was a constant danger and it was only right that he break the deadlock 13 minutes from time. Ciro Ferrara failed to intercept Pisano's centre and the Austrian was allowed a free header from six yards.

Juventus poured forward in search of an equaliser, but left themselves wide open to the counter-attack and Igli Tare volleyed in an Appiah cross by the back post.

The tension rose and in the final minute Francelino Matuzalem was sent off for pulling Pavel Nedved's hair.

The Bianconeri poured forward against ten-man Brescia during seven minutes of stoppages, but could not bring any real saves out of Sereni.

Brescia: Sereni; Martinez, Petruzzi, Dainelli; Schopp, A Filippini, Appiah, Matuzalem, Pisano; R Baggio, Tare

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Pessotto (Moretti 46); Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids (Conte 75), Zambrotta; Nedved; Zalayeta, Di Vaio (Del Piero 54)

Ref: Farina

Sent off: Matuzalem 90 (B)

I found this here in Juventuz... but maybe somebody didn't notice it...
Nina I didn' t know you are a journalist :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)