Breaking news: (1 Viewer)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
It is becoming a bit silly now.

Don't be surprised if UEFA give Man U all three point, if this situation continues and can't put a first eleven on the pitch next week. I get an impression that they are pro-anglo.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think the players will recover over the flu before tuesday game. as long as we play a full youth team against como that is. who cares if we lose, the champions league is first priority.

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
uefa is rubbish :(
i'm really mad with them after not honoring a fairly decent request, as in, we can't really field a proper team here, give us a few days?
i mean, jeepers.

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
The Juventus flu bug has spread even further after Edgar Davids and Salvatore Fresi became the latest to be infected.

Six players were ruled out of their Champions’ League game against Manchester United on Wednesday, while three started in the 2-1 defeat despite running fevers.

Only 11 players took part in light training yesterday and boss Marcello Lippi still has major selection problems for Saturday’s game against Como.

Juventus also have a number of injury problems to deal with as Alex Del Piero, Mark Iuliano, Igor Tudor and Antonio Conte are not fully fit.

However, the Turin giants were heavily praised for their honourable display in the game at Old Trafford earlier this week.

"We were up to the task in hand and I don’t think we were overly affected by all of the players that we were missing," said veteran defender Ciro Ferrara.

"This is a clear sign that we have a highly competitive squad that can take on the best in Europe."

Ferrara, 36, was one of Juventus’ best players on the night despite the fact that he was suffering with influenza.

"I was ill," he continued. "Usually when I’m struck with the flu I struggle to even stand. But this time I was able to fight it – in fact it may have helped me to play better."

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
all the more embarrasing if we make a fool of ourselves..:fero:why does this flu bug only attack our first team players anyway?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
The Juventus flu bug has spread even further after Edgar Davids and Salvatore Fresi became the latest to be infected.

Six players were ruled out of their Champions’ League game against Manchester United on Wednesday, while three started in the 2-1 defeat despite running fevers.

Only 11 players took part in light training yesterday and boss Marcello Lippi still has major selection problems for Saturday’s game against Como.

Juventus also have a number of injury problems to deal with as Alex Del Piero, Mark Iuliano, Igor Tudor and Antonio Conte are not fully fit.

However, the Turin giants were heavily praised for their honourable display in the game at Old Trafford earlier this week.

"We were up to the task in hand and I don’t think we were overly affected by all of the players that we were missing," said veteran defender Ciro Ferrara.

"This is a clear sign that we have a highly competitive squad that can take on the best in Europe."

Ferrara, 36, was one of Juventus’ best players on the night despite the fact that he was suffering with influenza.

"I was ill," he continued. "Usually when I’m struck with the flu I struggle to even stand. But this time I was able to fight it – in fact it may have helped me to play better."
DOES ANYBODY KNOWS THE SITUATION OF THE PLAYERS NOW ?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Well, I only know that Lippi said he expects most of the players to be fit for Man Utd again. I saw a small part of an interview on Dutch television.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i'm sure we will have most players back for this game. at least our starting team will be available, except del piero of course.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I am just wondering why on earth nobody figured out that training should be stopped as it will spread the flu.

Erik,
It is just reaction to the all the development of recent years which all seems to favour the British teams. My first suspicion came against Roma and Liverpool when referee ordered blatant penalty only to be revoked a seconds later. No bad feeling to the English though, as it is UEFA who is making mess of running the tournament.

Heck, the tournament format next year is going to be disasterous.
Johanson, himself, should step down first before calling for the head of Blatter. Those two are ruining the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)