Breaking News - Voller Quits (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
It has been confirmed that Rudi Voller has handed in his resignation after picking up one point from three games, but Roma have so far rejected them.

“Voller has offered to resign,” revealed Director of Sport Franco Baldini, “but we are trying to make him change his mind.”

The Coach only took charge of the club two weeks before the start of the season after Cesare Prandelli resigned so that he could take care of his ill wife.

He was immediately struck by problems, including Antonio Cassano’s brattish behaviour and the Champions’ League tie with Dynamo Kiev that was abandoned after referee Anders Frisk was struck by a coin.

The German had always maintained he never considered quitting, despite criticising the players for “a complete lack of discipline,” but it he has now offered to step aside following this humiliating result.

Roma have gathered just one point from their last three games, losing to Messina and Bologna with a 2-2 draw against Lecce.

Today’s Bologna result was particularly painful, as the Rossoblu were reduced to nine men for almost the entire second half.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, it'd be an interesting challenge. Anyone who can get them playing properly will have a very very good side at their disposal

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Where's Del Neiri and Cosmi at the moment?

I'm not sure, but how hard can it be to manage Roma. You just need common sense.

Sep 14, 2003
    Cosmi is with Genoa I think, could be wrong though. I'd say Del Neri will be the replacement.

EDIT: Cosmi is not with Genoa :D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Voller Resigns; Roma Reject It
    9/25/2004 10:21:00 PM

Roma coach Rudi Voller handed in his resignation after the Giallorosso’s 3-1 defeat by Bologna tonight, which left them with just one point from three games. However, Roma have so far rejected it.
    “Voller has offered to resign,” revealed Director of Sport Franco Baldini, “but we are trying to make him change his mind.”

Voller was only appointed two weeks before the start of the season after Cesare Prandelli resigned in order to look after his wife, who was suffering from ill-health.

But the former Germany coach immediately encountered problems.

Antonio Cassano did a disappearing act before the Champions League tie against Dynamo Kiev. And that was abandoned after referee Anders Frisk was struck by a coin thrown from the crowd after he sent of Philippe Mexes.

Voller criticised his players for “a complete lack of discipline,” and despite previously saying he would not quit he has now offered to stand down following the latest set-back against Bologna, who were reduced to nine men early in the second half.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Confused.

When he resigns, does it mean that he WANTS to leave? Wouldn't that be his choice? How can Roma reject it.

Unless he simply stated that, "Hey Roma, Feel free to fire me, I'll be cool" but Roma says "It's okay, We will keep you a little longer" ?

Which one?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    Well, Roma can reject his resignation as he has a contract with Roma.
    the question is, do they really want a coach who has no desire to do the job? I think they should let him go and try to start again with a new manager

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Predictable, Rookie-Rudi wasn´t the right guy. Surprised he did this poorly though, the players were there.
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, it'd be an interesting challenge.
    :D

Yeah, I think you, Cassano, Mido and Totti would be an instant fit.
    -Cassano: "I´m leaving if I´m not starting the next match, signore Tom."
    -You: "Bollocks to that, GET THE FVCK out of my face before smack you. Miccoli´s a phone-call away, craterface"
    Don´t know what would happen after that, I´d just think it would be unpleasant for all. :angel:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    Cosmi is with Genoa I think, could be wrong though. I'd say Del Neri will be the replacement.

EDIT: Cosmi is not with Genoa :D
    Del Neri is banned for awhile now, isn't he?!

Anyway, I think it might be Cuper or Zaccheroni too...

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

the question is, do they really want a coach who has no desire to do the job? I think they should let him go and try to start again with a new manager
    That's something else. But they can refuse his resignation if they want the bad to the club. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)