Breaking News - Voller Quits (1 Viewer)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i think it's more than the disappointing results that caused Voller to quit. IMO he just cannot control the team; Cassano, Totti et.al. not to mention Sensi :groan:

he must be cursing himself for taking the job....

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Its sad that Voeller didnt stay, I would of loved for him to of been a success, but I never did think he was the one of the job, I wish him good luck in his next job. Seems Del Neri is going to be the next manager, personally I dont know that much about him, so I cant say whether or not it is going, I am just waiting for Prandelli to return!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

you dont know what a leader is
Yeah I have no clue what a leader is, right. :rolleyes:

Is a good leader one who spits on opposing players, one who forms "buddy" relationships over commanding, influential ones?

Give me your "ingenious" insight on how Totti is a great leader, because I don't see anything of the sort.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Del Neri set for Roma
Monday 27 September, 2004

Gigi Del Neri is close to becoming the new Coach of Roma after he held talks with the capital outfit.

"There is some truth in the Roma stories but there is nothing concrete," he told Radio anch'io Sport on Monday.

"I have been contacted by the club but I was also approached before they appointed Rudi Voller too."

Although the tactician is remaining cautious, reports in Italy insist that the former Chievo boss will be handed the job this week.

He allegedly met with Roma sporting director Franco Baldini at the city’s Fiumicino airport last night.

The Italian, who was sacked by Porto in the summer just weeks after his appointment, should pen a two-year contract on Wednesday.

Roma are looking for their fourth Coach in three months after Voller quit on Saturday following the 3-1 loss at Bologna.

"His resignation was a noble and courageous gesture," added Del Neri. "He illustrated that he is a real man and not just a Coach.

"As far as I’m concerned though, I want to get back into the game with a big club and Roma are certainly that."

But could he handle the capital crisis? "There is no crisis," he responded. "This is simply a team who have had problems for a number of reasons.

"You can’t doubt the quality of the players available. They have everything that is needed to do well."

Meanwhile, caretaker boss Ezio Sella will sit on the bench for tomorrow’s Champions’ League game at Real Madrid.

Aug 1, 2003
would prandelli return though? he did make it pretty clear he wanted to be his family. Oh well, hopefully things will get better and he would return.

Well that's the problem with great minds. They're a bit hard to deal with, no? Roma players have massive talents but it seems they're hard to control. Whoever is the new coach have a big task ahead of him. But either way, I hope Roma gets better... It's no fun watching them go down.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Totti is a great leader because he inspires with his actions on the pitch, thats why he was Serie A player of the year. Face it, there are different kinds of captain, but Totti is a great one.

I believe Prandelli will return, at least I hope so. I hope that his wife recovers soon.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
would prandelli return though?
yeah, if he's wife gets better Prandelli will be coach again next year... That's why Völler's contract was type 1+1...

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I agree, Prandelli will return, but if Del Neri is going to become our coach right now, then could that close the door on Prandelli, do you think Del Neri is willing to take over for a year?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
I agree, Prandelli will return, but if Del Neri is going to become our coach right now, then could that close the door on Prandelli, do you think Del Neri is willing to take over for a year?
Sure.

Its a no-lose situation for Del Neri. This is his first foray coaching a major club. If he does well with this team considering its circumstances, he'll be considered a genius, and he will be at the top of the list for any major coaching opening in the world.

If he fails somehow, then hey, you couldn't expect him to do much with the mess he walked into anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)