Boxing (13 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Feel sorry for Fury. He controlled and should have won that fight despite those 2 knockdowns. He should have seen that last round out. However, the way he got up after that 2nd knockdown got everyone’s mouths dropping.

Did you see Wilders face!!? :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Keep an eye out for the British heavyweight Daniel Dubois. Only 21 years old but 12-0 now after he beat a dangerous opponent and gym partner Nathan Gorman (cousin of Tyson Fury, trained by Ricky Hatton) for the British title.

Physically he's in the Anthony Joshua mould and has fantastic power, but also a grit about him that Joshua perhaps doesn't have. Rumour has it that Dubois actually knocked Joshua out in sparring not too long ago when Joshua was world champion, but that can happen any time with guys that size.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Keep an eye out for the British heavyweight Daniel Dubois. Only 21 years old but 12-0 now after he beat a dangerous opponent and gym partner Nathan Gorman (cousin of Tyson Fury, trained by Ricky Hatton) for the British title.

Physically he's in the Anthony Joshua mould and has fantastic power, but also a grit about him that Joshua perhaps doesn't have. Rumour has it that Dubois actually knocked Joshua out in sparring not too long ago when Joshua was world champion, but that can happen any time with guys that size.
But has he beaten love Island star Tommy Fury?

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Canelo vs Kovalev smh Canelo making big jump in weight to face the Krusher. If Kovalev was in form like when he first fought Andre Ward, I would be scared for Canelo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Dubois is actually fighting the also undefeated but much more experienced Joe Joyce next, that is some jump in class and a risky fight, but a cracking one.

Tyson Fury absolutely ragdolled Deontay Wilder, massive gulf between the two last night. You could see the ref was only looking at Wilder after about the 5th round to see how hurt he was and if he was going to defend himself or throw punches, but he just kept taking it.

I think Wilder has to develop other aspects than just getting a jab to open up his right hand, as good as it is. He can knock out all these average or good fighters doing that but Fury was so awkward and powerful himself. Third fight definitely on, but barring the right landing from somewhere I can't see a different result.

Last edited:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Dubois is actually fighting the also undefeated but much more experienced Joe Joyce next, that is some jump in class and a risky fight, but a cracking one.

Tyson Fury absolutely ragdolled Deontay Wilder, massive gulf between the two last night. You could see the ref was only looking at Wilder after about the 5th round to see how hurt he was and if he was going to defend himself or throw punches, but he just kept taking it.

I think Wilder has to develop other aspects than just getting a jab to open up his right hand, as good as it is. He can knock out all these average or good fighters doing that but Fury was so awkward and powerful himself. Third rematch definitely on, but barring the right landing from somewhere I can't see a different result.
There shouldn’t even be 2nd rematch. Fury won the first fight and wasn’t even fully at his best. You saw the difference the 2nd time around. Wilder has nothing other than a cracking right hander. Let Dillian Whyte now deal with Wilder and lets get this AJ/Fury battle on. That’s what should be next.

- - - Updated - - -

Both Fury and Wilder are shit. It hurts to see a boxer with a such a poor boxing skill like Wilder fighting for a crown.
Fury is a smart Boxer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It should be, but I think they will do a big stadium fight and then if it goes to plan have AJ vs Fury at Wembley.

I reckon Whyte would also give Wilder a tough time, he's a really gritty fighter, but he doesn't have the size to get in close all the time and bully like Fury does. I actually think Whyte is one of the unluckiest fighters I've seen for a long time. He's probably not box office enough, at a time where the heavyweight division has returned to being interesting.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Fury is a smart Boxer.
Well he at least can jab and move, don't know about all the smart thing. Wilder is just crap, dude been in the game for god knows how long and hadn't develop even a mediocre jab, or head-movement, or defence, or ability to hide a big punch in combo, basically anything except "come closer and throw hard right hand".

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It should be, but I think they will do a big stadium fight and then if it goes to plan have AJ vs Fury at Wembley.

I reckon Whyte would also give Wilder a tough time, he's a really gritty fighter, but he doesn't have the size to get in close all the time and bully like Fury does. I actually think Whyte is one of the unluckiest fighters I've seen for a long time. He's probably not box office enough, at a time where the heavyweight division has returned to being interesting.
Wilder has a rematch clause but it doesn’t have a time frame. He can take a a couple of fights let Fury chase Joshua and then ask for it later if he wants. I can’t see him pushing for an immediate rematch, not after that beating. Fury is just too much at that size.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Mike Tyson is fighting Roy Jones Jr on September 12th.

Nate Robinson the basketball player, is fighting Jake Paul the YouTube star, on the undercard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)