Boxing (5 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
GGG vs Canelo is the fight of the year.

I can see Canelo surprising GGG, he is an extremely dangerous fighter.
Bob Arum talks about Rigo vs Loma in the December, skill wise it's the fight of the year, even maybe of a decade.
But yeah, Canelo vs GGG is the most hyped fight. Canelo is not dangerous at all for GGG imo, he can't brake him. He will try to outbox him, but he doesn't have great jab and still not very good on his feet (though much better then couple of years ago). GGG will cut the ring, eat couple of Canelo combos and drop his bombs.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Bob Arum talks about Rigo vs Loma in the December, skill wise it's the fight of the year, even maybe of a decade.
But yeah, Canelo vs GGG is the most hyped fight. Canelo is not dangerous at all for GGG imo, he can't brake him. He will try to outbox him, but he doesn't have great jab and still not very good on his feet (though much better then couple of years ago). GGG will cut the ring, eat couple of Canelo combos and drop his bombs.
Don't see Rigo vs Loma happening this year, Arum is smart and knows that Rigo can beat Loma and he wouldn't want to risk him this early in his carrer, Loma is still building his name, can see it happening at the end of next year.

Canelo style can pose a lot of problems to GGG, he likes to fight from the inside and if can land one of his lefts, he can knock GGG.
GGG fight against Jacobs ? showed that he could be rocked.
I think the fight will go to distance with a KO coming in the 8th or 9th round.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Don't see Rigo vs Loma happening this year, Arum is smart and knows that Rigo can beat Loma and he wouldn't want to risk him this early in his carrer, Loma is still building his name, can see it happening at the end of next year.

Canelo style can pose a lot of problems to GGG, he likes to fight from the inside and if can land one of his lefts, he can knock GGG.
What? Jacobs certainly never rocked GGG, he hardly tagged him hard the entire fight. What that fight showed is that Golovkin might have trouble with fighters who refuse to engage, stay outside, and fight with a lot of unpredictability. Jacobs basically danced away from Golovkin the entire fight and avoided getting into a punching match that he would have lost. He almost won the fight because he had a better strategy and frustrated GGG by not allowing him to settle into the fight, especially with his switching between regular and southpaw.

Canelo won't beat Golovkin fighting toe to toe, on the inside.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015

Nah, Rigo can't beat Loma, he can't ko him, size difference is too big and in the worst case scenario for Loma is gonna be wide UD for him. Rigo will throw couple of punches per round as always, Loma will outwork him at least. But imo he is gonna knock Rigo out. Cuban is old, small and got floored by some japanes nohopers.

I would love Canelo to beat GGG, I like his style, his combos. But again size matters. Jacobs was overweight and Danny is known as a big one-time puncher. Canelo is not a one and done puncher, he needs to land a good combo to knock someone out. Except if he is not fighting Khan, even Giovinco has a legit chance to ko Khan.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd be surprised to see anyone beat GGG, even other top class fighters, he's frightening. But there are no certainties in boxing, it can change with one punch.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Gonna watch Crawford v. Indongo at the weekend?
Yep!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be surprised to see anyone beat GGG, even other top class fighters, he's frightening. But there are no certainties in boxing, it can change with one punch.
I've seen him fight in person it's pretty scary to witness his power from seeing it on tv. I would be scared shitless If I was in the ring against him.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He's getting older and with his style that probability of change goes up with every fight.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup:

I could see Canelo beating him, but I don't see it happening by going toe to toe with him. GGG is just to dominant backing people down, and has a jab that does a ridiculous amount of damage before he even gets to his power punches. Canelo beats him only by staying out of a punching match and frustrating him imo.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Canelo is looking sharp before the match, but I have all my money tied up with GGG.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot does change within a year or two especially GGG age. So idk :scared:

- - - Updated - - -

GGG been waitin for a challenge though been waiting his while life for a fight like this.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's getting older and with his style that probability of change goes up with every fight.
Yeah I was going to say maybe age could undo him, depends how long he wants to see it out. He's a legendary amateur boxer but probably needs a win over Saul and another big fighter to cement that at pro. It's not his fault that the middleweight division is not full of superstar fights, but there are excellent fighters. He'd have given even greats a tough fight.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah I was going to say maybe age could undo him, depends how long he wants to see it out. He's a legendary amateur boxer but probably needs a win over Saul and another big fighter to cement that at pro. It's not his fault that the middleweight division is not full of superstar fights, but there are excellent fighters. He'd have given even greats a tough fight.
He's good, there's no doubting that.:agree:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
GGG is a little overrated. He is very good, but middleweight it's basically a heavyweight couple of years ago – one dominant boxer and a lot of average fighters. Maybe (and it's quite possible) GGG would've handled a better opposition in the same fashion, but atm he beat only one good/great boxer in Danny. It's not like Canelo is underrated though, his best wins are old as dirt Cotto and Traut, and latter gave Canelo a run for his money.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Floyd - Connor anyone? How many rounds Connor will last?
Btw, rewatched GGG-Jacobs, scored 114-113, but now I'm thinking Canelo has a legit shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)