Boxing (3 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
That fight was good. Both really going for it. Legs wobbling everywhere from both sets of fighters. Thought once it got past the 6th round that Klitschko would then take over with his experience. AJ took a round off to recoup. Made that difference on the 11th round.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
19th pro fight. He had like 40 amateur fights. But yeah, he's still raw and growing.
And Klitschko had 140 amateur fights. It's almost a different sport though. Joshua is trying to do a lot very quickly and he just about got through it last night.

At least the heavyweight division looks more interesting these days. I think a rematch will be on the cards before Wladimir gets too much older, then either Wilder or Fury. Even a fat Fury would probably still cause trouble for anybody because he is so awkward, but I think with Joshua you're looking at a potential megastar, something the division hasn't had since Mike Tyson. He's a polar opposite but has the look, persona, talent and marketability to do big things. I say that with respect to the likes of Lennox Lewis and the Klitschko's.

AJ would be a massive step up for Wilder at this point, both in terms of talent and big stage. At 31 he needs big fights like this, he's KOing bums and veterans, in comparison his career trajectory has been slow.

Nothing but respect for Wladimir Klitschko, that was an amazing performance at 41, and he's a top guy.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The pre-fight stuff? Yeah I can't imagine Joshua getting fazed by any of that, the guy is almost as horizontal as he was in the 6th round he is so laid back.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Joshua doesn't look like someone who falls for that sort of stuff. Fury would take Joshua a bit to figure out, but if he keeps composed, his power will eventually seal the deal.

Boxing is starting to get fun again. Now all we need is Canelo - GGG at the end of the year plus the Joshua - Klitschko rematch and the year is sorter.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Lol, Chavez Jr. is a genius tactician. He knew that Canelo is a great counterpuncher, so he decided not to throw any punches at all. Bs fight, Canelo is overrated and junior never was a good boxer.

Canelo vs ggg is a good fight though.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
GGG is a great fighter indeed, but his best win is Danny Jacobs, who by no means is a world beater. Canelo is a better boxer than Danny, though Danny had a power to make GGG respect him at least a little.
I think Canelo will miss the weight, bulk up for the fight and look great 8-9 rounds until ggg finally finishes him. GGG is at the age though when you can get old almost overnight, something like Klit-Jr. against Jennings – he was so past it, it was obvious he's gonna get hurt against a proper opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)