Boxing (2 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
i hope you're joking when implied that floyd mayweather is a more intelligent/technically gifted fighter than pacman

we'll see how floyd's brains and tech ability holds up against a more strategic and physically enabled pacquiao. he can't rock back the entire fight, he'll be taking a beating
more physically enabled I'm not so sure,

Mayweather is a mout-piece but his record speaks for istelf, as does Mannys.

Mayweather is the scheminist little bollox I've ever seen in the ring, and I'm Irish.

It really is a Gentleman versus an arogant fucker,

my moneys on pretty boy.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Dru,what about Roy Jones Jr. in his prime?
i will admit that i bought into the roy jones hype but that we all were proven wrong. i don't know what really happened to roy but the guy just fell off. we can't blame age or competition because boxing was on its way down at that point in the early 2000's

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i will admit that i bought into the roy jones hype but that we all were proven wrong. i don't know what really happened to roy but the guy just fell off. we can't blame age or competition because boxing was on its way down at that point in the early 2000's
I don't think it was all hype with him. I just think that the competition simply wasn't there.

There was no one to be his foil.

I was always a huge fan of his. I loved the way he boxed. He got old really quickly, though.

Those two losses to Antonio Tarver ruined him

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Brains/Technical Ability beats Violent/Vicious
Yes and Manny posesses those in vast quantities, how can you say floyd has more technique, manny has so much natural technique, like I said he can make a combo out of anything, that is undeniable technique.
And for brains, look at the way he methodically wore down Cotto, he didn't go ape on him one bit, his game plan was perfect.
Based on that fight how can you deny that he has it all?

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #207
    Cotto gets crushed in 3 rounds...whats so exciting about that ??

Cotto = Glass jaw
    well...it didnt end in 3 rounds, but I'll be damned if Manny couldnt have taken him in 3

Cotto has a weak jaw....the first time Manny connected with it, Miguels whole body turned to rubber

Unfortunately, I think Mayweather Jr is just too smart to really get hit, or be hurt by Pac-Man...it would be a defensive masterpiece (i.e. a boring fucking fight) by Floyd on way to a unanimous decision

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #208
    I don't think it was all hype with him. I just think that the competition simply wasn't there.

There was no one to be his foil.

I was always a huge fan of his. I loved the way he boxed. He got old really quickly, though.

Those two losses to Antonio Tarver ruined him
    Hopkins would have been the foil, but Roy beat him pretty easily way back when

Roy was one of the best all-time fighters, and it sucks that a CHUMP like Tarver beat him, but Roy had just come back from being a heavyweight, and the loss of weight took something out of him. He now looks like the Roy of old (barring the Calzaghe fight....Joe was just too damn fast for him)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Yes and Manny posesses those in vast quantities, how can you say floyd has more technique, manny has so much natural technique, like I said he can make a combo out of anything, that is undeniable technique.
    And for brains, look at the way he methodically wore down Cotto, he didn't go ape on him one bit, his game plan was perfect.
    Based on that fight how can you deny that he has it all?
    To be fair, Manny lost the head a bit towards the end when cotto tried in vain to rally, round 8 or so. In all honesty Mayweather isn't undefeated for no reason, going on stats alone and the fact that Manny lost by knockout on more than one equation it's certainly not as close as you suggest.

Mind you, Manny will be 100%, if mayweather is less than 100% fit 100% sharp, he'll get raoed over and over and be gone by the fourth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)