Boxing (2 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
rehan, you and i know that hatton is a great fighter but pacman is out of this world. the best fighter in the last 15 yrs IMO

and i aint playin

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
mark my words when i say that floyd jr will lose to pacman whenever they meet. floyd has fought no one pretty much throughout his career IMO and as much as he can fluxuate weight classes-- pacman trumps him in every regard

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No way. Hatton ran full speed at Manny. Which was the dumbest strategy possible. Floyd is a purely defensive fighter. I think he will handle Manny with skill. After about the 3rd round Manny slows considerably. He did against De la Hoya and Manuel (loss). Hatton should have been smart and tried to work the jab and stay out of the way.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
rehan, you and i know that hatton is a great fighter but pacman is out of this world. the best fighter in the last 15 yrs IMO

and i aint playin
Hatton spoon fed the knock out. Hell I could have dropped him in first with that chin as a target.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ok i get to eat my words, wow, pacman was immense, but it has to be said hatton was an idtiot, full on attack with no defence, should have realised that pacman would pick him off easily
:agreed: hatton has made a career out of knocking out decent boxers but when he has come up against REAL class he has been shown to be a technically deficient boxer with a big heart. pacman may have lost some fights in his career but he has fought some real quality fighters in his time and with hatton simply steaming in with his chin in the air there was only going to eb one outcome.
i mean hatton made light of pacmans power in the build up, but you cannot stick your chin out against anyone,even if they do not have a lot of power,if they are technically good then they will find the shots to floor you and all the power in the world does not matter if you get hit by a sweet shot like that

mark my words when i say that floyd jr will lose to pacman whenever they meet. floyd has fought no one pretty much throughout his career IMO and as much as he can fluxuate weight classes-- pacman trumps him in every regard
pacman would have to ensure he gets a fast start, floyd hates getting hit and will defend for his life, if he is succesful he will tire pacman out,or perhaps bore him into defeat

No way. Hatton ran full speed at Manny. Which was the dumbest strategy possible. Floyd is a purely defensive fighter. I think he will handle Manny with skill. After about the 3rd round Manny slows considerably. He did against De la Hoya and Manuel (loss). Hatton should have been smart and tried to work the jab and stay out of the way.
you could be right tehre, for the pacman to win he really needs an early knockdown in that fight

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
:agree: did you see the Froch fight last week? was sitting watching it saying "the lad needs a knockout" and boy did he deliver
I didnt see the froch fight no but i read about it, he was well behind and managed to pull out a KO from nowhere. I dont really rate the guy though but you cant fault his heart - did he look good against taylor other than the knockout?

What a shot.... unbelievable - where does that speed come from???!!!!

I expected the pac man to come away with the win but never expected it to be so one sided. Hatton just stood there, had no defence and wasn't smart enough to get through to Pacquiao in the short time that he was on the ring. In hindsight this fight was made for manny, Hatton isn't smart enough to fight people at true world class level unfortunately.

Floyd v. Manny would be one of the best fights in boxing history, 2 stupidly fast, gifted fighters. Floyd would never take the shots that hatton took, if mannys hands are fast then so is floyds head - defensively floyd is the best fighter in the world so it would be a hell of a contest. Also if the 2 did fight Floyd has a way of knocking his opponents off guard in the build up and he gains psychological advantage that way.

Pacquiao - Mayweather would be a whole different ball game and i cant wait to see it!!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
mikey- froch looked good in spells, he was well behind but that was mainly due to Taylors early knockdown and the fact he finished every round with a flourish trying to nick rounds off Froch. it wasa fight that Froch needed, Taylor is no mug and has fought some class fighters and Froch showed he can go the distance and still offload some real power punches.

however you get the feeling he will struggle against someone with real quality and when he called out Calzaghe afterwards you know that it would end up being a brutall beating for Froch

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
mikey- froch looked good in spells, he was well behind but that was mainly due to Taylors early knockdown and the fact he finished every round with a flourish trying to nick rounds off Froch. it wasa fight that Froch needed, Taylor is no mug and has fought some class fighters and Froch showed he can go the distance and still offload some real power punches.

however you get the feeling he will struggle against someone with real quality and when he called out Calzaghe afterwards you know that it would end up being a brutall beating for Froch
Yeah i kind of expected that, Froch's career is still young so he needs to get a good grounding before fighting people of calzaghe's class. It was certainly a good fight for Froch, Taylor has beaten hopkins twice so there is no doubtiung his ability and its a hell of a scalp for froch to take, especially on foreigh soil.

I hear talk about a possible kessler - froch showdown in denmark may be on the cards. If you ask me froch should avoid kessler at all costs, kessler is a monster of a man, he reminds me of drago from rocky! He's also very underrated but he disappoints me because he doesn't really attempt to get good match ups with the big names and build up his own hype.

I'm a massive Calzaghe fan and it annoys me when froch talks rubbish after the fight about Joe, someone that he should be looking up to and aspiring to be. Calzaghe is retired, and froch should respect that

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Froch is already 30 though Mikey, he needs to knock a few big names out and quickly if he is to make some serious money. i think he probably has the power to take Kessler but don't think he has the smarts to get out of the way of the big punches, he fights with his guard so low that it is a miracle he has only been knocked down once. a kessler-Froch fight could be a sensational fight, a bit like barca-real it would be all-out attack with little regard for the defensive side of teh game

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
30??? Wow i thought he was in his late 20's

Ok he clearly needs to get a few big names under his belt, i cant believe hes only fought 25 pro fights....

He needs to try and secure bute or kessler to unify the division, we need a bit of excitement!

On a side note did you see danny williams???? :lol: I cant believe that bloke is stil going, call it a day for fk's sake!!!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
some folk are clearly not destined for teh top, or even second division in boxing terms, williams knocks out bums for fun but he is kidding himself on if he thinks he is anything less than sparring for the top pro's

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
ahhh come on, the hitman is good for boxing, if not good at boxing :)

I hated Hattons theme tune, it was the worst thing to happen to boxing, EVER - he actually deserved to get knocked out for the theme tune alone. He loves making a big deal about how fat he is and how he eats shit all the time, shut up and focus on your boxing.....

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
30??? Wow i thought he was in his late 20's

Ok he clearly needs to get a few big names under his belt, i cant believe hes only fought 25 pro fights....

He needs to try and secure bute or kessler to unify the division, we need a bit of excitement!

On a side note did you see danny williams???? :lol: I cant believe that bloke is stil going, call it a day for fk's sake!!!
he's a mate of mine, really nice guy, he doesn't have what is needed mentally, i agree he should call it a day, he doesn't have what it takes anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)