Boxing (3 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Pac doesn't have to KO anyone. Being the most vicious striker in the sport means you punish people. KO'ing someone is no where near degrading, damaging (both physically and psychologically), intimidating, etc.. compared to getting pummelled for 12 rounds.

Thats how Pacquiao beats you and thats what makes him great

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Pac doesn't have to KO anyone. Being the most vicious striker in the sport means you punish people. KO'ing someone is no where near degrading, damaging (both physically and psychologically), intimidating, etc.. compared to getting pummelled for 12 rounds.

Thats how Pacquiao beats you and that's what makes him great
Most fighters fight this aggressive style against Mayweather and he picks them off with the jab, he's got such an immense guard it's nigh impossible to penetrate it.

If they fought it'd be a wonderful fight mainly to display the different techniques and talents these boxers possess.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Most fighters fight this aggressive style against Mayweather and he picks them off with the jab, he's got such an immense guard it's nigh impossible to penetrate it.

If they fought it'd be a wonderful fight mainly to display the different techniques and talents these boxers possess.
Exactly

my main gripe about Floyd is that he's too defensive but he is damn accurate deadly when he does throw.

Pac on the other hand is constantly changing his stance and strategy. He will wear you down and then switch up to focus elsewhere until the bell rings and you realize that your body is about to give out. Not only is he more precise and accurate, he's got venom in his strikes and the rate at which he throws makes him the most vicious striker in the history of the sport. He doesn't have to the strongest, fastest, etc.. He's jsut gonna beat the shit out whoever they put in front of him.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Would I be looking an idiot in saying I think Pac would rather the fight end earlier? I always think Pac struggles with stamina as fights wear on longer, this is what Mayweather could capitalise on.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly

my main gripe about Floyd is that he's too defensive but he is damn accurate deadly when he does throw.

Pac on the other hand is constantly changing his stance and strategy. He will wear you down and then switch up to focus elsewhere until the bell rings and you realize that your body is about to give out. Not only is he more precise and accurate, he's got venom in his strikes and the rate at which he throws makes him the most vicious striker in the history of the sport. He doesn't have to the strongest, fastest, etc.. He's jsut gonna beat the shit out whoever they put in front of him.
Of course, the amount of punches Pac throws and his accuracy is unreal really. This would be Mayweathers toughest fight to date.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Would I be looking an idiot in saying I think Pac would rather the fight end earlier? I always think Pac struggles with stamina as fights wear on longer, this is what Mayweather could capitalise on.
It might but keep in mind that the body can only take so much abuse.

I'm gonna look up Pac's stats for average thron/landed per round throughout his career.

Either way it would be a great fight

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
It might but keep in mind that the body can only take so much abuse.

I'm gonna look up Pac's stats for average thron/landed per round throughout his career.

Either way it would be a great fight
Would be a very interesting read.

For most boxing fans its the fight that everyone wants.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Would be a very interesting read.

For most boxing fans its the fight that everyone wants.
I honestly can't think of a more anticipated boxing event since I started watching in the mid 90s. I was barely able to walk when Tyson was on his rise in the 80s so I can't count that.

And after this fight goes down there will be immediate talks for a rematch, or at least thats what I think :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Pac's got great stamina, don't get fooled.

I think the reason it's so anticipated is becaue welterweight is the only divison with decent fighters right now. Not that long ago, you had the middleweight divison thriving. Roy Jones Jr, Toney, Hopkins. Those three were great, Hopkins quite better than most. Toney's fat ass would've won everything if he hadn't gotten so fucking fat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)