Bowling for Columbine (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I just saw it, was looking forward to it as I'm a fan of Michael Moore, and I have to say that he made some very good points, especially his comparison to Canada. The US as a people are very frightened IMO, and live in constant fear, more than any other nation in the world. And their oppsession with weapons is nothing short of terrifying!

Buy on AliExpress.com

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
This is a rated film by many who have seen it. I still havent.

The US as a people are very frightened IMO, and live in constant fear, more than any other nation in the world. And their oppsession with weapons is nothing short of terrifying!
Correct. Im glad I was brought up in the UK. One of the most messed up things I saw was a live show from New York on Pakistan Independence day when some girls sang the American National anthem followed by the Pakistani anthem:confused: They are taught from an early age in schools. Thankgod some form of freedom exists in England. Times are getting serious though, real serious for Muslims esp youth, Moore should film a docu' down my sides:D Ive lost count of how many times the old bill have stopped me, and brothers I know. Next time they pull me over Im gonna have the tape of Black and White Michael Jackson on full blast although it may not work as my skin tone is in between well actually more near white, im brown like Nuno Gomes slightly fairer I could trick them and pass as a white man named Dave who just came back from a month in Malaga............Ok....step away from your keyboard cause youre gonna get nicked for chatting shit:cool: ez

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
well, Bowling for Columbine is much better than Fahrenheit 9/11...

and yeah, US as a people seem to be frightened, I heard that in some states you can shoot a man if he comes to your door knocking in the night...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
and yeah, US as a people seem to be frightened, I heard that in some states you can shoot a man if he comes to your door knocking in the night...
That doesn´t right. It´s probably that you could shoot or harm him in self-defence if he´s inside your house, if he´s intruding on your property.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
Zlatan I loved Bowling for Columbine and Farenheit 9/11.

I must say the 1 is better than 2. Becawse 2 is too onesided and aimed at destroying George Bush (which I dislike), therefore it looses credibility.

Anyway, I am glad Michael Morre spoke out, and I hope this may help change things for the better in the upcoming elections.

xziz

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Let me tell you something about Farenheit 9/11. The President George W. Bush is on camera many times a day, and he makes mistakes. This can be compared to how a teacher may make a goof in a lesson and all the students laugh and such. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bush himself can be compared to a teacher, but this situation is like that.

The point is that Farenheit 9/11 is all of Bush's mistakes in a 2 hour movie, which doesn't necessarily tell what kind of a President he is. It's like myself making a movie of when I've said stupid things (if this was the case, the movie would have a sequel with the amount of stupid things I've said). It'll make me look like a jackass, but that's not me. Or at least I hope not.

I'm not pro-Bush by the way. He is truly a jackass for what he has done decision-wise inside the Oval Office more than what he's done on camera. I'm just saying that don't believe everything you see.

Bowling for Columbine is a much better movie. But again, it portrays Americans as shotgun-weilding people, in which most of them aren't. Some are very kind to me when I go down there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I just saw it, was looking forward to it as I'm a fan of Michael Moore, and I have to say that he made some very good points, especially his comparison to Canada. The US as a people are very frightened IMO, and live in constant fear, more than any other nation in the world. And their oppsession with weapons is nothing short of terrifying!
Zlatan, you seem to have some rather far-fetched ideas about the United States.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Andy, do you live in constant fear? Do you possess an AK-47? Do you have a nuclear weapons lab in your basement?:cheesy:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

That doesn´t right. It´s probably that you could shoot or harm him in self-defence if he´s inside your house, if he´s intruding on your property.

actually here ive heard form loads of people that if someone breaks in your house and hurts themselves by tripping over something, the thief can sue you

sameway people get sued when people trip while walking on their lawn without permission, its really stupid

back to the topic: i liked bowling for columbine alot more than fahrenheit 9/11. (dont really know why i just think it was put together better and less biased)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++

actually here ive heard form loads of people that if someone breaks in your house and hurts themselves by tripping over something, the thief can sue you

sameway people get sued when people trip while walking on their lawn without permission, its really stupid
that is simply stupid

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Zlatan, you seem to have some rather far-fetched ideas about the United States.
    Not really, I just thik that the US has gone downhill in the last couple of years, and that it's no longer the dream land it usde to be. If I had a choice to live anywhere in the world US would be pretty low on the list, while maybe 5 years ago it was no. 1.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Nope, you can shoot if someone comes to your door in the middle of the night, as simple as that... Anyway that's not even nearly the stupidest thing that I know of their system. My favourite is that a woman's cat was wet, so she decided to put the cat to the micro to drain it... Naturally the cat exploded... So what happened?! Yeah, woman sued the firm that made these microwave ovens because their manual didn't say that one shouldn't put cats to micros... Woman won lots of money and nowadays the firms need to add stupid instructions to their manuals... :rolleyes:

And of course sueing tobacco companies and McDonalds for example are their own sagas... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)