Boro Confirm VIDUKA Capture (Thank GOD ;)) (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1142139,00.html

Mark Viduka has been formally presented to the media as a Middlesbrough player following his protracted transfer from relegated Leeds United.
The Australian attacker has signed a three-year contract, with the option of a fourth year, after a £4.5 million deal was struck with Leeds.

Chief executive Keith Lamb revealed the delay in the announcement was not down to the player, but merely down to technicalities relating to the transfer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Boro fans must be even happier now after they signed Hasselbaink.

Viduka and Hasselbaink up front ! not bad at all

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
Boro fans must be even happier now after they signed Hasselbaink.
Viduka and Hasselbaink up front ! not bad at all
Indeed, that's a strong forward lineup, literally I mean

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
---------------Schwarzer---------------------

Reiziger--------Southgate----Ehiogu----Queudrue

---------Mendieta------Boateng-------Zenden------

---------------------------Juninho-----------------------

-------------Jimmy--------------Viduka------------------

a UEFA cup spot seems guaranteed.... hell they could even make the CL with some luck.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
---------------Schwarzer---------------------

Reiziger--------Southgate----Ehiogu----Queudrue

---------Mendieta------Boateng-------Zenden------

---------------------------Juninho-----------------------

-------------Jimmy--------------Viduka------------------

a UEFA cup spot seems guaranteed.... hell they could even make the CL with some luck.
IMO this team is crap. Its filled with old "stars" who were not good enough for their old clubs.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

IMO this team is crap. Its filled with old "stars" who were not good enough for their old clubs.
are you stoned?

Viduka and hasselbiank, hasselbiank maybe old, but he is still a great player. Mark is also very good. then we have ****ing juninho, who can be god on his day, and look at that defence! Better then ours at the moment to say the least.

Not to mention medieta's obvious class, and zenden

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

are you stoned?

Viduka and hasselbiank, hasselbiank maybe old, but he is still a great player. Mark is also very good. then we have ****ing juninho, who can be god on his day, and look at that defence! Better then ours at the moment to say the least.

Viduka--> :rofl:
Hasselbaink was a good player, but Chelsea didn't want him, and I think that at the age of 32, he went to Boro for money.
Juninho is 33, and I was never impressed by him.
Their defence is not good. Reiziger is done, same goes to Southgate. Mendieta is only good under Cuper, and didn't reach his old Valencia days, not at Boro and not at Lazio. Zenden is also a done player, who once upon a time was good.
This team is simply too old. You can't throw old stars in one team and hope for success. They will stay as they are: a midclass team.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Viduka--> :rofl:
Hasselbaink was a good player, but Chelsea didn't want him, and I think that at the age of 32, he went to Boro for money.
Juninho is 33, and I was never impressed by him.
Their defence is not good. Reiziger is done, same goes to Southgate. Mendieta is only good under Cuper, and didn't reach his old Valencia days, not at Boro and not at Lazio. Zenden is also a done player, who once upon a time was good.
This team is simply too old. You can't throw old stars in one team and hope for success. They will stay as they are: a midclass team.
ok fine viduka isnt a great striker, but he has had a very good striker rate. Jimmy is still a great player, i think he proved that last season. If you want to see a class juniho, watch man u 3-2 with middelsbourgh :eek: reiziger is not done imo, he was voted best defender of la liga! medieta had a brilliant season all the same, and zenden was good too. But i can see your point- they are becoming too old, which is a valid point. But if you compared them to say, aston villa, or even liverpool, middelsbourgh can really challenge for something...

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I actually rate Juninho pretty high, i find him to be an excellent and very skillfull player, but again, maybe its only me...

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

are you stoned?

Actually this is an obvious team with players who have passed their best-before date. At least 8 of the players had thier best days a few years ago, the rest is not exactly superfit. None of them are really uprising stars. There is nothing wrong with building a team like that but it is not a super-class team obviously.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

Actually this is an obvious team with players who have passed their best-before date. At least 8 of the players had thier best days a few years ago, the rest is not exactly superfit. None of them are really uprising stars. There is nothing wrong with building a team like that but it is not a super-class team obviously.

Just cos they are past their best doesnt mean they are not good. Nedved is example to that.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Indeed, that's a strong forward lineup, literally I mean

I am sorry but if you don't see a problem with this line up
you have still a lot to learn

Why do you guys think Chelsea pays almost doubble the value for a lot of players just becasue they are English

because the core of your team must be players from your own country who understand the culture and the way of the club

in the line up two players are English the rest are foreigners
it looks like disaster to me....

Chelsea have so far only sold foreigners....
Because they want to become Stronger as Team.-...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)