Borderlands (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2006
The third game in the series "The Pre-Sequel" comes out on Tuesday. I'm excited, it's one of my sons favorite games and one that he and I have logged endless hours playing.

This one is probably going to be more like a giant DLC than an actual sequel, hence the title. But I have no doubt it will be really good, if not great.

The first two games were simply genius. The original was so innovative, funny, and just... like nothing I had ever played before.

BL2 took everything the original did and made it bigger and better, plus making some fantastic additions which made the gameplay and controls even better. I know this Pre Sequel is mainly to keep the franchise alive while they craft the true successor to the series, Borderlands 3 at some point.

I am a bit worried, though, that the studio is launching another new IP, called Battleborn, which looks enticing. But that commitment likely means we won't be seeing any BL3 until 2016 at the earliest. And that makes me sad. :( lol

End of rambling comments. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I played the heck out of Borderlands 2 and pretty much all the DLC packs. Love the franchise.

OP
Vinny Del Pogba
Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #4
    Played the first one. Loved it. Met my wife. Game over.
    Foot in the grave already, eh?

Shame, Borderlands 2 is an amazing game. So much more polished than the first one as far as the gameplay goes.

Maybe you need to get a cheap apartment somewhere, set up your console and have an affair. :) She don't have to know.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Was thinking of converting our spare room into a games room. Where I can chill watch footie and play games. With a padlocked door :D

OP
    Vinny Del Pogba
    Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #6
    Was thinking of converting our spare room into a games room. Where I can chill watch footie and play games. With a padlocked door :D
    LOL that's a great idea. I am a support of Men's Liberation form the estrogenial domination of our manhood. :)

Anyways, here is a video from gamescon of some gameplay with the claptrap character. :D

Just skip ahead a couple seconds past the douchebags.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
    This game is good. Only problem with it is it is shorter than BL2, but probably by an hour or two, which isn't bad. Its more of the same, which isn't bad either, since BL2 was so good, but if you dislike the fact that there isn't much of a change, then the game might not be for you. There are brand new characters, all of which are good and fun, new weapons, elements and gravity too. I would recommend it, but if I were you, I would not pay a full $60 for it. I got it for about $35 for PC by switching my IP address to Brazil so I was able to pay in Brazilian currency, which is about 2/1 in US dollars haha. Shit is awesome.

OP
    Vinny Del Pogba
    Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #10
    This game is good. Only problem with it is it is shorter than BL2, but probably by an hour or two, which isn't bad. Its more of the same, which isn't bad either, since BL2 was so good, but if you dislike the fact that there isn't much of a change, then the game might not be for you. There are brand new characters, all of which are good and fun, new weapons, elements and gravity too. I would recommend it, but if I were you, I would not pay a full $60 for it. I got it for about $35 for PC by switching my IP address to Brazil so I was able to pay in Brazilian currency, which is about 2/1 in US dollars haha. Shit is awesome.
    lol that's cool.

And you are right about everything you said. Gearbox has been working on the new IP "Battleborn" and had this BL game made to keep it relevant, I believe. I think BL3 will eventually hit next gen in 2016.

I'm not sold on Battleborn. Looks cool and all, but also looks like it would get repetitive. It doesn't appear to be story driven like the BL series is. I'll try the demo when it's released, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)