Books you're reading (9 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

OK... I just finished this book while on vacation (or if you prefer, "holiday" :p ) recently. Some good chapters about corruption in Brasil and how naive Pele was about everything, the twisted social politics behind Rangers-Celtic matches, and some funny stuff about Nigerians playing in the Ukraine. The author makes a good case for why he is a Barca fan and everyone else might want to be, his chapter on soccer and Islam is pretty encouraging, and I think he's spot on with his analysis of soccer in America.
what book is this man?:confused:

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++

hardly a new thing, arab poets were known for such literary prowess one wrote a poem you can read backwards and top-bottom.
Very interesting...were these methods used for security or Just literary skill. It would be intruiging to know why they would perform such work

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
Just finished Hop On Pop, I was disappointed, I thought the rhyming would be better, and the storyline blew.

1.5 out of 10 from me.

:groan:

ya it was disapointing, i thought the Doc would be able to marvel us better with his wizardery of words...hehe

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
++ [ originally posted by hambon78 ] ++

Very interesting...were these methods used for security or Just literary skill. It would be intruiging to know why they would perform such work
yea, and Altair, do you have any links where I can read them?

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
There's a famous one by badie Zaman Al hamadani, but writing backwards intellegibly was very common in arabic poetry.

if you have some time and can read arabic check out this site www.alwarraq.com
thanks altair...appreciate it and yes we can read arabic thanks ya khooya (bro)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
The Negotiator by Frederick Forsyth for the umpteenth time. This has got to be one of the greatest books ever written!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Zé Tahir said:
I just bought a copy of The Alchemist, and I'm going to start reading that. What did you that have read it think of it?
I have read this book twice, each time I got a different thought. I think it totally depends on the person's situation at the moment, and deffinitely Cohelo's best work; not that I rate the others hight but this is something different.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Jeeks said:
I have read this book twice, each time I got a different thought. I think it totally depends on the person's situation at the moment, and deffinitely Cohelo's best work; not that I rate the others hight but this is something different.
I would definately agree with that. I haven't read any of his other books though. Recommend any?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Altair said:
I didn want to give you a review before you had read it, so what do you think?
Pretty good actually. I'm not much of a reader, so I liked it. I dono how to explain and go into detail, but I think aside from minor things I didn't like, overall, I thought was good. What did you think?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Zé Tahir said:
Pretty good actually. I'm not much of a reader, so I liked it. I dono how to explain and go into detail, but I think aside from minor things I didn't like, overall, I thought was good. What did you think?
It has a message man, and one can interpret it according to the situation one is in.

What parts didn't you like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)