Books you're reading (14 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
books I've read recently: Jeffrey Archer's "a matter of honour". I really like how he writes his stuff.

books I'm READING: dostoyevsky's "crime and punishment". I'm still figuring out why this book isn't part of the nation's literature syllabus.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
books I've read recently: Jeffrey Archer's "a matter of honour". I really like how he writes his stuff.

books I'm READING: dostoyevsky's "crime and punishment". I'm still figuring out why this book isn't part of the nation's literature syllabus.
It is here, I had to read it last year.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
you "had' to read it..??

I finished reading "Angels and Demons".. and it was great.. sone unthinkable twist at the end.. really fantastic..

tacchina

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
you "had' to read it..??

I finished reading "Angels and Demons".. and it was great.. sone unthinkable twist at the end.. really fantastic..
I started reading Angels and Demons after I finished The DaVinci Code, but couldn't really get into it that much. I stopped reading it where they had just found the first Cardinal, but I put it down and haven't picked it up since :undecide:

mitsuko

Jan 11, 2005
i'm currently reading wicked and have not yet gotten into it. but my friend keeps telling me that it gets better. i hope she is right!

most of my reading time is taken up by readings for courses - which are, in fact, more often than not, more interesting than the books i read for fun. But then again, i am a film student :D

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tacchina ] ++

I started reading Angels and Demons after I finished The DaVinci Code, but couldn't really get into it that much. I stopped reading it where they had just found the first Cardinal, but I put it down and haven't picked it up since :undecide:
maybe you have a different taste.. but, I recommend that you continue reading it.. it's really an interesting story..

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I am in the middle of Gone With The Wind. Great book. Irony that during the American Civil War the Democrats were in support of slavery and white power while the Republicans were the nigger lovers.
A hundred and someting years really changes things...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm past halfway reading Fyodor Dostoyevski's "Crime and punishment". A little too long for my taste and a little all over the place but still the best book I've read in a long, long time.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
Gone With The Wind, hmm..I wonder if the novel is better than the movie. My granma loves that movie very much. :)
Far better...

I just finished it. Great book. I recommend it for all.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by turdface ] ++
Someone name me a book that will change the way I think about existence or change my life and ill consider reading it :D
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I'm past halfway reading Fyodor Dostoyevski's "Crime and punishment". A little too long for my taste and a little all over the place but still the best book I've read in a long, long time.
A decent starting point. Won't change your life but it will give you new perspectives.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Someone name me a book that will change the way I think about existence or change my life and ill consider reading it :D
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
The Holy Quran...no joke.

if you like what you see; the bible, and the torah.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Love that book too.

Someone name me a book that will change the way I think about existence or change my life and ill consider reading it:D

Thinner, by Stephen King, then Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)