Books you're reading (4 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Two? What was the one before? I already forgot.

Btw, I cannot even express how amazing was The Master and Margarita for me. Loving it isn't saying enough. It's a mind-bender. Oh, and finish it, ffs. :D
The other one was The Brothers Karamazov. Actually yeah, you didn't recommend it, I think I found it looking up Dostoevsky because of your name :D

Yes it is truly a mind bender. I will have to read it again some day to get everything i missed. Hopefully will finish this week :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 7, 2003
bulgakow is siiick, master and margerita also one of my favourite books

eager to read the brothers karamazov...want to read since february but read first pessoa and now pavic. would recommend pessoa - the book of disquit strongly

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The other one was The Brothers Karamazov. Actually yeah, you didn't recommend it, I think I found it looking up Dostoevsky because of your name :D

Yes it is truly a mind bender. I will have to read it again some day to get everything i missed. Hopefully will finish this week :)
Oh I'm pretty sure it was me who recommended that one. :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Two? What was the one before? I already forgot.

Btw, I cannot even express how amazing was The Master and Margarita for me. Loving it isn't saying enough. It's a mind-bender. Oh, and finish it, ffs. :D
It's a magnificent book, always loved it, even more so after reading more about life of Bulgakov.

What I never understood though is how this bigger than life story, highly critical of Lenin, Stalin and the Soviet regime rise to power, can be so loved and adored in Russia, you could even argue it's peoples favorite book, but at the same time Russian people as a group are nostalgic and very protective of those times and their heroes.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That's a great book, although not my favorite.

I read some books recently. Here are some:

Factotum - Bukowski
Post Office - Bukowski
Hajduci - Nusic
Stories by Laza Lazarevic
The Catcher in the Rye - Salinger
Great Expectations - Dickens

I also read some hagiographies and some comic books which are rather art. And currently reading another hagiography.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)