Books you're reading (4 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Terry Pratchett - Thud!
Terry Pratchett - Monstrous Regiment

And now Terry Pratchett - The Truth
Just like my sister... you're a Terry Pratchett freak. I just sent her a copy of Strata... I've never read the books myself, but I think I may have to look in to that.

I just finished Of Mice and Men, and Rilke's Letter's To A Young Poet. Both were excellent, and nice short reads. Highly recommended.

Currently slogging through No Logo, by Naomi Klein. It's been on my shelf for something like 4 years...

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Just like my sister... you're a Terry Pratchett freak. I just sent her a copy of Strata... I've never read the books myself, but I think I may have to look in to that.

I just finished Of Mice and Men, and Rilke's Letter's To A Young Poet. Both were excellent, and nice short reads. Highly recommended.

Currently slogging through No Logo, by Naomi Klein. It's been on my shelf for something like 4 years...

Awesome :tup: Good book

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
I'm finally on vacations so I'm reading some Heidegger stuff and a book about Heraclitus; and having fun reading Cortazar and Alfred Jarry. I highly recommend those two

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just finished Best American Travel Writing 2008.

Compiled by Anthony Bourdain.

Some pretty solid writing in there, not your average guide book drivel.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
just read Women in Love (DH Lawrence), and Tess of the D'Urbervilles (Thomas Hardy)
Both were excellent, as well as completely different. Women in Love surprised me, as it was very different from what I was expecting. Only Lawrence I had previously read was Lady Chatterly's Lover, which is very different.

also recently read Anna Karenina, which is as good as I expected. I wish I could red it in the original language!

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Just read the Fatherland by Robert Harris and im in the midst of Re-reading for the bazilionth time 'The Hitchhickers Guide To The Galaxy', i fucking love this book lol. May read 'Animal Farm' after this. havent read that for time! Also got Lord Of the Flies on the go atm, really dark book!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)