Books you're reading (8 Viewers)

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Ah, the freedom to read again.

Currently working on Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel, then I might read American Psycho or Glamorama, I have yet to decide.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Tell me more! How much is about Juve, and is it actually worth reading?
Yeah, sure. It's short and easy reading. At first I feared it would be mostly about his Chelsea time, but they didn't occupy too much of the book. Juve were devoted 3 or 4 chapters and he also talked a lot about his playing days at Roma and of course, his time as Milan coach.

He says he normally grows attached to the teams he coaches but not so much with Juve. He was an interista as a boy. Also he didn't really like the city; it was too glum for him. And the club was too "suit and tie" for him i.e. more professional than sentimental.

About Juve:
He was in complete awe of Zizou.

Montero was obsessed with Zidane and would follow him, talk about him and protect him all the time.

Del Piero, typical stuff, great as a man, amazing technically, and a natural leader, determined. I'm not sure what he means when he says he wasn't very productive.

Nothing too exciting about Moggi and co. But he implies that we were favoured by refs at the expense of his Milan. And Juve and Milan were allies that didn't want to cross each other.

Milan was a victim of Calciopoli...

Okay, I spoilered that because it's a lot of stuff, in case you wanted to read.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

:D

Nice to have & look in, not so much to read. But top marks for what is quite possibly the worst English translation ever in an official book (book has both Italian & English text).

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Yeah, sure. It's short and easy reading. At first I feared it would be mostly about his Chelsea time, but they didn't occupy too much of the book. Juve were devoted 3 or 4 chapters and he also talked a lot about his playing days at Roma and of course, his time as Milan coach.

He says he normally grows attached to the teams he coaches but not so much with Juve. He was an interista as a boy. Also he didn't really like the city; it was too glum for him. And the club was too "suit and tie" for him i.e. more professional than sentimental.

About Juve:
He was in complete awe of Zizou.

Montero was obsessed with Zidane and would follow him, talk about him and protect him all the time.

Del Piero, typical stuff, great as a man, amazing technically, and a natural leader, determined. I'm not sure what he means when he says he wasn't very productive.

Nothing too exciting about Moggi and co. But he implies that we were favoured by refs at the expense of his Milan. And Juve and Milan were allies that didn't want to cross each other.

Milan was a victim of Calciopoli...

Okay, I spoilered that because it's a lot of stuff, in case you wanted to read.
Thanks for the information. Please feel free to spoil even more about Juve. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)