bojinov in mutu out (1 Viewer)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Sergio said:
Well, considering that we aren't exactly negotiating from a position of strength, when you factor in that these players could leave for free if they wanted to, you have to take what you can get.

You have to hope that:

A) There are multiple suitors, thereby creating a bidding war

B) The players in question would be cooperative in the process, and allow Juve to at least get reasonable value for them.
:sad:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
Mutu would have been immense in Serie B. As for Bojinov....

The guy definitely has potential. In recent years Juve hasn't exactly been a team for developing youngsters and so this deal does seem odd. Is it worth the risk..........

I would say *probably* not.

Part of the issue is that we only got half of Boji's contract. That's a real pain. It should have been all or nothing, especially for a player of Mutu's calibre.

Oh well, we just have to put up with it. Maybe playing alongside Del Piero will help him a lot.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
d.nico said:
Yeah, this transfer is bizarre..
is it really .

maybe mutu got an offer and didnt want to wait until the trail is over. maybe he just wanted to feel secure.

alot of maybe's

but 8m is not bad

i dont see Bojinov's deal as part of mutu's but its a good one .. too bad its only a loan + 50% option

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Andy said:
While the sale of Mutu certainly sucks, Bojinov is still a fantastic young player and if our management is starting to filter in the youth, I'm very pleased. Too many ------- times have we let the Kaka's and Rosicky's of this world go, just for the reason of them having sickening names or not being "old" enough for the likings of that "Brutto Pela" talking on his cellphone. This is a new era for Juventus, and I believe this club should finally give the youth a chance.

There is no question Valeri has talent, as he can excel when given the opportunity to shine. Under Prandelli he was always second choice to Toni for understandable reasons, and the manager loved using Luca up top by himself. Deschamps usually likes to field two strikers, and if we are indeed thrown down to Serie B a Del Piero - Bojinov partnership looks absolutely mouthwatering. Give the kid a chance...afterall last year could have been nothing more than a sophomore slump. I already like him more than Ibrahimovic anyway..

But please, lets start this new era with an injection of YOUTH.
Im all for giving young players a chance, in fact I even have hope for Bojinov, I think he can make it in Juve, what I dont like about this deal is that we got Bojinov on loan and only an option to get a 50% of him next season, wich menas that even if we do buy that 50% we will still dont own him.

If Bojinov does make it, Fiorentina will try to take him back, and also you have to consider that its very probable that Toni dont stay for more than once season in Fiorentina, so next season we will have a problem with this deal.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
DelpieroForLife said:
I'm a big admire of Mutu... but during such circumstances 8M Euro + 19 year hot prospect is a pretty good deal...
actually it was 7.5 - 4(wich will have to pay to keep 50% of Bojinov's rights) = 3.5 mil euros and the 50% of Bojinov only in the case we wont relegated to C:cry:

and since Fiorentina will have 3 years to pay us we wont use that money for our imediate needs anyway,
it was just a stupid moove...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
If this not just totally bizarre, i dont know what is, first of all if we are relegated to serieC1, all our players will be out of contact and free to move to any club as they will all be free agents and if we are relegated to serieB , Mutu could still have been got by a bargain price so i have no idea what was the thinking withthis transfer. When you add to the mix that Fiorentina themselves are not out of the jail yet, then you can imagine my total confusion in the whole business. Why Mutu or Bojinov would want to move to clubs that are in trouble is beyond me.
On a side note, all it requires now is for Adriano to play for Juventus and Verona then he and Mutu would have played for the same clubs in Italy

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
It was a great move in the midst of all this chaos.....
Bojinov, the hottest prospect in Italia two years back is now in the hands of Juventus who never have problems with brats like him...

Del Piero should be a good guide for both him and palladino...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
denco said:
If this not just totally bizarre, i dont know what is, first of all if we are relegated to serieC1, all our players will be out of contact and free to move to any club as they will all be free agents
I dont recall any of our players having relegation release clauses. Or is this something special about serie C ?

AS far as I know, the players are ours to sell....

I think it was pointless as well except for the fact that we got a younger prospect on the team...I rate them about the same seeing that the best we've seen of Mutu is much longer ago than the best we've seen of Bojinov...but Bojinov is younger thus more opportunities to shine and better return value when a sale is needed....

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
- vOnAm - said:
I dont recall any of our players having relegation release clauses. Or is this something special about serie C ?

I think it was pointless as well except for the fact that we got a younger prospect on the team...I rate them about the same seeing that the best we've seen of Mutu is much longer ago than the best we've seen of Bojinov...but Bojinov is younger thus more opportunities to shine and better return value when a sale is needed....

If we are relagated to Serie C we will have to free them from their contracts.

- vOnAm - said:
Juventus who never have problems with brats like him.
Humm.. Zlatan?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
edpiero said:
Go for the latter, heres his D.O.B 15/02/1986 and heres some info about him:

wiki said:
Born in the Bulgarian town of Gorna Oryahovitsa, Bojinov moved to Malta from Bulgaria as a child with his mother, a former national team volleyball player. Valeri Bojinov was discovered at the age of 13 by U.S. Lecce sports director Pantaleo Corvino, while playing for Pietà Hotspurs, and signed for just 30,000,000 ITL (around 15,000 €). A promising youngster, Bojinov debuted in Italian Serie A on January 22, 2002, at the age of 15 years and 11 months, becoming the youngest foreign player to make an appearance in the top level of Italian football. He then played for Bulgaria at Euro 2004.

Next to the European Championship, Bojinov actually showed his full potential for US Lecce under the guidance of coach Zdeněk Zeman; he then left Lecce for Fiorentina in January 2005, in a transfer worth approximately €13 million. Curiously, the Fiorentina team manager who actually attended and operated the bid was Pantaleo Corvino, the same one who discovered Bojinov and brought him to Italy.
volleyball huh.. I bet montali was behind all of this :D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
- vOnAm - said:

From what i know if you are in serieC or demoted to C then your players are no longer under contract with you so they are easy meat for all and sundry

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
denco said:
If this not just totally bizarre, i dont know what is, first of all if we are relegated to serieC1, all our players will be out of contact and free to move to any club as they will all be free agents and if we are relegated to serieB , Mutu could still have been got by a bargain price so i have no idea what was the thinking withthis transfer. When you add to the mix that Fiorentina themselves are not out of the jail yet, then you can imagine my total confusion in the whole business. Why Mutu or Bojinov would want to move to clubs that are in trouble is beyond me.
On a side note, all it requires now is for Adriano to play for Juventus and Verona then he and Mutu would have played for the same clubs in Italy
Totally agree.

Or somehow they know that all will get amnesty ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)