Board & Management (23 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
From what I understood so far is that Consob gave us a second chance to declare financial statements. Agnelli and some other board members did not want to make any changes while the others did not want to escalate it any further and risk a war with Consob thus protecting both Juventus and Agnelli and co from house arrest. That's what Agnelli meant by "a divided house".

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
club did great defending itself in 2006 :lol:

this is so 2006 vibes right now
club had zero leverage in 2006, during the calciopoli "trials" only the prosecutor could present evidence, juve lawyers just sat there and listened, they weren't heard by the court, and it was all done within a few weeks

now there's an investigation that was started last year, and it didn't even go to trial

it might still end badly but it's nothing like calciopoli

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I agree this seems different from Calciopoli, mainly because the procedures seem to be legit/legal, and objective evidence may have been found.

I don't think it will end up with Juve's relegation, also because there doesn't seem to be political willingness for that - Juve is no longer dominating, and I think FIGC has learnt its lesson that destroying Juve = destroying Italian football.

BUT I would recommend caution. As a reminder, the punishment from Calciopoli, if I'm not wrong, was also kind of "made up" - it wasn't positively expressed in the rules. So the fact there's no express rule stating sportive sanctions due to these infractions shouldn't make it definite that a harsh sporting punishment like relegation won't happen. It definitely isn't out of the cards. This is Italy, after all.

If this happened 4 or 5 years ago, I could actually see a bigger danger of relegation.

Anyway, this is a fucking tragedy. Agnelli is the father of it all. Let's see if this collective resignment will actually save the club from anything.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Ok

Started with investigations.. then an accusation.. then it was something large.. the board resigned.
New info came up every day and you don't know what is correct and what is not.
Talks of sanctions, fines, and penalties.. then sanctions get severe by the day, then talks of relegations increase.
Some random names become the new president and BoD.
FIGC says we will wait.

Club statements are PR type.

Then you wake up to the news of Juve to Serie B with 30 points deduction.. stripped of 2 titles and fines.

2006 all over again

I just noticed that it accelerates during a WC
2006 vs. 2022

Those getting wiretapped incriminating the club and themselves in 2022 should be stripped naked, tied with their arms above their heads and have one drop of water falling over their forehead for 1 year every 30 sec till they dont remember their names
Chill

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010

Always #Cherubini intercepted on #Paratici : "You couldn't reason with Fabio, as long as he was there #Marotta put a brake on him... You could wake up in the morning and sign 20 million without anyone saying anything to him. 'I said several times: we are exaggerating". #Juventus

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Always #Cherubini intercepted on #Paratici : "You couldn't reason with Fabio, as long as he was there #Marotta put a brake on him... You could wake up in the morning and sign 20 million without anyone saying anything to him. 'I said several times: we are exaggerating". #Juventus

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it only juve management phones are tapped? I don't know about Right to privacy existing in Italy.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
The shocking thing to me is that they knew that their phones are being tapped and they just blabbered on. Either this is stupidity on a grand scale or they just didn't give a fuck.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)