Board & Management (32 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I guess now it's a good thing that we qualified for the conference league.

If UEFA decides to ban us for 1 year it's way better to lose our spot for that tinpot competition than to lose a UCL spot next season.
That's IF they want to ban us for 1 year, it could well be more then what? This management had lost its leverage in the proceedings by bending over

- - - Updated - - -

Agnelli has refused to take the plea (on a personal level) he will take it to TAR
At least he has fucking balls

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
So we get only a fine of 800k euro and that's it?

Sky Sports reporting it now.

Can we go back to football now? :D
Not yet

Elkann needs to phone Musk and Bezos to abort the dismantling of Serie A and abandon the Super League project

Until then, we can anticipate more punishments from FIGC/UEFA

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah that is shit

Once again we have said we are happy to be judged differently to other clubs

Inter paid a fine in 2016 for the same thing.
We are literally at the mercy of uefa now. I don't think they'll ban us from Europe for just 1 year, I really think ceferin will come down hard on us and then that'll be proof of how this management fucked this up

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
it's not 800k though, no cl means 80m and the rest (gate receipts to boot with) isn't pocket change either

agreed on the rest, let's put this behind
Yes, valid point. I just meant the penalty, it was rumored we'd get further penalty points or a heavy financial fine. In the end it's neither and it looks like there was enough in the salary case to go for the plea deal...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Agnelli has refused to take the plea (on a personal level) he will take it to TAR
On the other hand all the other managers took the plea deal, no?

IMO praising AA for the fact he goes to TAR is short-sighted, he can afford that and the club couldn't.

Now try to imagine the car crash we'd be heading into had he stayed as JJ's president. Dude turned out to be reckless and made enemies with everyone. Some might not like it but I think JE removed him from the post at the very last moment.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
On the other hand all the other managers took the plea deal, no?

IMO praising AA for the fact he goes to TAR is short-sighted, he can afford that and the club couldn't.

Now try to imagine the car crash we'd be heading into had he stayed as JJ's president. Dude turned out to be reckless and made enemies with everyone. Some might not like it but I think JE removed him from the post at the very last moment.
Why can't we afford to go to TAR? for the sake of footballing integrity? please

We've officially set a precedence for any future scandals, believe me this wont be the last we will see/hear in our life time.

- - - Updated - - -

Why you keep quoting that junk site? @Badass J Elkann
The point I'm trying to make is that UEFA's ban on us in Europe would only apply if we qualified for Europe in the first place

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Why can't we afford to go to TAR? for the sake of footballing integrity? please

We've officially set a precedence for any future scandals, believe me this wont be the last we will see/hear in our life time.
What integrity? Have I said something like this? Can you read?

When I say the club couldn't afford it - it's all about the damage control. One year of no cups is better than 2-3 seasons of fucked up points deductions and constant threats from everywhere. It doesn't benefit the stakeholders, the players, the managers and the fans because nobody likes to pay for mistakes of people who were there before.

Try explaining to Chiesa, Bremer and Vlahovic they need to play another season or two like the one we're just having. The next day they all hand a transfer request and the queue only gets longer in the next few days. Same goes for managers and coaches, everybody would want to leave such a shithole as soon as possible.
Both ways the image damage is done but here you at least have a clean start from now on. Everything gets blamed on the old management and that makes everybody else live in peace.

Bottom line is that we know that plusvalenza shit is made out of thin air but seems like the salary case was more serious, everyone was afraid of that one and let's not pretend that wasn't the case. So they decided to close it for good.

More scandals coming in? As soon us you give them something, they'll for sure milk it. That's why it's important to have competent people in charge and we can probably all agree that wasn't the case in the last couple of years at JJ. AA fired the ones who would oppose him and he kept his lapdogs around so that everything went his way in terms of decision making. It was a disaster waiting to happen and it eventually ended up being exactly that.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
IMO we have much more problems on sporting level right now and I see no strategy there. How are we gonna move in the market in next 3 years? Sign 2 top players a year, or 10 players and "market opportunities" a year and hope some of them klick with the rest of the team?

It seemed like Giuntoli was done deal and he will lead this, but even that is not certain right now.

Let's be honest, 30th of May is a date when we usually had a good player in pocket. Marotta and Paratici were really good at this when they were working together and already in January they had clear strategy and several names in the notebook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)