Blatter proposal threatens Inter (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Blatter proposal threatens Inter
Friday 5 October, 2007

FIFA President Sepp Blatter pushes for a limit of five foreign players in the starting 11 for League matches – a ruling that would devastate Inter.

EU law led to the abolition of any rule limiting the number of foreign players a club could field, but Blatter argues that such guidelines shouldn’t apply to football.

“Workers in Europe can circulate freely, but footballers are not workers,” he told BBC Sport.

“You cannot consider a footballer like any normal worker because you need 11 to play a match – they are more artists than workers.

“When you have 11 foreigners in a team, this is not good for the development of football, for the education of young players, and there is a financial aspect too.”

Blatter’s aim is to force clubs to pick no more than five foreign players in their starting formation.

The re-introduction of a foreigners rule will be extremely difficult to implement as it is likely to meet with determined resistance from the biggest clubs in Europe.

Inter, for example, would see their formidable squad rendered impotent as they depend so strongly on their overseas stars.

In last weekend’s Serie A clash against Roma, the Nerazzurri didn’t send a single Italian on to the pitch with the starting 11 entirely composed of foreigners.

Roma, Juventus and Milan are less vulnerable as they all regularly play at least five Italians, but they would still see many of their expensive imports become useless.

link

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    From a selfish point of view, I would love for this law to be passed, seeing as Juve have great young Italians.
    Also from a non-biased point of view, I also like this proposal. It's sad to see teams like Inter an Italian club with no Italians, Arsenal with no English, Liverpool with no English.
    Blatter is concerned cos this could damage football at an International level so it's hard to believe if he's genuinely concerned or just jealous of the success of club football over International.

Jun 26, 2007
    By the time that proposal passes - which I strongly doubt ever will - all their current player will have obtained the Italian nationality.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Undoubtedly, one more instance where Blatter speaks before one of his assistants has the chance to shove a sock in his mouth. I see nothing coming of this as usual.

Doctor

Sep 10, 2007
    It's sad to see teams like Inter an Italian club with no Italians.
    Inter is not claiming to be Italian but International club, who happends to be based in Italy.
    What Blatter is proposings brakes fundemental human rights.
    When you start buying players based on their origin rather than their football skills, the idea of human beings being given equal chances regardless of its origins goes right out the window.

OP
    Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Inter is not claiming to be Italian but International club, who happends to be based in Italy.
    What Blatter is proposings brakes fundemental human rights.
    When you start buying players based on their origin rather than their football skills, the idea of human beings being given equal chances regardless of its origins goes right out the window.
    no not really, you can employ as many foreign players as you want, but only 5 can play at any given time. That doesn't violate any rights as the players are still being paid.

Doctor

Sep 10, 2007
    no not really, you can employ as many foreign players as you want, but only 5 can play at any given time. That doesn't violate any rights as the players are still being paid.
    I dont think you really believe what you just said.
    Please take your time, re think about this issue and than re post.
    OK?

OP
    Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    I dont think you really believe what you just said.
    Please take your time, re think about this issue and than re post.
    OK?
    listen Mandela, its a sport, a game, it's not the office or some corporation or some factory. it's a game, equal rights? ur taking it too far. so please take YOUR time to chill out and take that stick out of ur ass.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    I think this rule cant be applied,for many reasons,
    it will only hurt the smaller clubs and smaller countries, it will harm the development and quality of football in countries that currently produce inferior material. Why would FIFA force some countries to use inferior material, if their country doesnt produce, material, good enough for their top clubs?
    The situation is already balanced, foreigners are harder to get, harder to train, more expensive and there already are limitations.
    Any more limitations would be blatant racism and would only harm football.
    Clubs like Arsenal and Inter are a minority, its up to the English+Italian players to show the talent, Vieira,Zlatan,Fabregas and Arsenal's French colony players, have.

OP
    Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    nobody is banning foreigners, theyre just saying that 6 out of the 11 starters have to be local players, u still have space for the 5 foreigners.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    FIFA must stop acting like they're above the law. It's just football, Sepp, you don't rule society.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    I like this proprsal and its got nothing to do with Inter.I think clubs have long been able to get away with fielding sides that dont have any home based players,which is wrong.An Italian club should have Italian players,An english club should have english players,A spanish club should have spanish players and so on.No wonder the English NT always ends up fucking it up in major comeptitions.If this proporsal is accepted,which i hope it is,i expect it to make a lot underachieving NT's better.Not that i want the English NT to do well,but still.

Doctor

Sep 10, 2007
    If only 5 foreign players can play at the same time, it would be folish to have more than 10 foreign players. So clubs like Inter (or Arsenal) would have to sell atleast 10 players based on their nationality and in adittion buy another 10+players also based on their nationality and not teir football skills. And when your buying players based on their nationality and not football skills, it can not be good for football. Not to mentune that other clubs would be in a position to blackmail tham when it comes to selling of their Italian talent.

Its morally wrong to sey to Argentinian or Asian or African player that you like his football skills but that you can not sighn him because he is not Italian. And that you are going to sighn Italian that doesent have his skills only because he is Italian. This kind of unjustices made me wanna support a club like Inter who treats all nationalities equaly.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    If inter start bringing in their primavera players?..............my gosh are we gonna Own them!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)