Blasi, Thank you and Bye (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Different players peak at different times though. It may be too early to make this call because they both have a good few years left in them, but I feel that Raul and Owen peaked a bit too early.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Talks are saying there would be a Blasi - Oddo swoop, where the players will be on loan with the right to buy next season.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
i really dont think its a smart move to excahnge a 29 year old defender with a 24/25. neway i prefer pessoto over oddo anyday

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Different players peak at different times though. It may be too early to make this call because they both have a good few years left in them, but I feel that Raul and Owen peaked a bit too early.
Yes of course, slower players tend to peak with experience, while faster players tend to do all the running in their early years. So I'd say forwards peak between 26 and 28, while midfielders and defenders peak between 28 and 31. Of course, my theory could be wrong, but so far, from what Ive seen Ive been given to believe the same.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
There are hardly any attacking midfielders besides Zidane and Nedved aged 30 or older at the top clubs. Defensive midfielders and defenders don't have to walk as much, so there experience is more important then age. You hardly ever see good defenders of under 23, where there are lots of young strikers.

And Owen had his peak at 18. :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
i really dont think its a smart move to excahnge a 29 year old defender with a 24/25. neway i prefer pessoto over oddo anyday
Considering that the players will be on loan, I think it is a very smart knowing that Pessotto is the only substitute for Zebina. As well as, we have abundancy in Blasi's position.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
we have abundancy in blasi position who? gianicheda subsitutes emerson blasi viera and we ar left only with tacchinardi i think thats pretty good.
for te defence you should never have 3 subsitutes for the same position :S in that case someone should be sold

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think we aren't finished yet with our midfield.

I think we are going to purchase one more midfielder, thats why Appiah was allowed to leave and so too Tacchi and Blasi.

I'm quite certain we are still following up on Mozart. It makes no sense to sell all our back-up.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Giannichedda and either Tacchi or C.Zanetti would be back up enough in my opinion. Of course Mozart would be better, but he wont come to sit on the bench.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
With a long season I think Cap can convince him of a rotation role.
Do you acTually think we are going for C.Zanetti? I know we've been linked to him for quite a while, but the guy doesn't impress me enough.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
C Zanetti? His best feature is that he shares the last name with a better teammate and Argentine international. :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Its another one of those Capello kinks. To work with certain players at any cost. Why cant he just make do with the stellar supporting cast he already has, and that includes Tacchinardi. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)