Blasi For Oddo? (2 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Blasi and Birindelli Lazio bound Monday 25 July, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio are ready to offer Massimo Oddo to Juventus in return for Manuele Blasi and Alessandro Birindelli.

The Italian international right-back (pictured) is a target for the Bianconeri and they are set to make the capital club a tempting offer.

The Bianconeri are looking for another full-back seeing as they have few alternatives for Jonathan Zebina.

Juve are so keen to land the former Verona player that Blasi could be offered as part of the deal.

Blasi will reportedly accept the switch seeing as he was born in Rome and space in the Juve team, in World Cup year, is now restricted given the presence of Patrick Vieira and Emerson.

The Turin giants are also prepared to include Birindelli in the package who would in theory become Lazio’s new right-back.

Blasi’s supposed exit may then subsequently see Juventus up their interest in Inter midfielder Cristiano Zanetti.

source: channel4.com

Oddo in ------> Birindelli + Blasi out
Blasi's exit -----> Zanetti in

Frankly speaking, I would rather have Blasi compared to Zanetti. I'm not going for this deal. Even though I don't quite like Blasi, but I feel that we will regret if we were to sell him. If it is a loan deal, I wouldn't mind.

As for Birindelli, he has been here for quite a long time and never complains despite of his limited playing time. I think we should either buy Oddo with cash, or forget about this deal. Besides Oddo isn't cheap, if this deal were to happen, I'm not complaining, becos after all we got a gd player.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 30, 2004
IMO blasi is a very good player he just needs more play time and maturing i would keep him Blasi and Birindelli for oddo they asking for too much who is oddo he isnt tht good .. blasi is an international ..na no way hang on to blas for another season and see how good he becomes then see his price will go up then decide whether he shuld be sold or not.. he should be the sub for vieira or emerson if god forbids anything happens to them

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I don't think we should get Zanetti whether Blasi goes or not.

he just doesn't offer the team anything more than the current players in the squad.

Jul 28, 2002
Imho blasi in all truth is a shite player.

For a player who is meant to be a "HARD" man, he went all soft in ht eliverpool game and was truelly awfull, in what was the biggest game of our seaosn to that date.

Imho he cant pass or creat consitantly, woefull tackiling even tho they are often hard.

Imho a straight swap for biri for oddo would be fair, but in all truth id rather keep biri and blasi than get oddo.....Shock horror id be happy to trust Zebina.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I can remember a number of games in which Blasi played awful. But @ the start of the season, he played pretty well. I still think that he is a pretty decent player, so a loan deal would be ideal.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
It seems that Capello began massive clear-out in central midfield.
Maresca and Appiah are sold
Blasi - on his way out
Tacchi is also on the market
I don't think that changing 3 of 4 CMs is a good decision.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i like Blasi, i just think that he needs more time to prove himself. One more season to allow him to show what he can do is what he needs, he is still young and has potential. Remember it took Nedved, Thuram, Buffon half a season to play half decent in Juventus, Blasi is not as good as them so allow him an extra half and he should be good next season as a back up to EMO & Vieira.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++
i like Blasi, i just think that he needs more time to prove himself. One more season to allow him to show what he can do is what he needs, he is still young and has potential. Remember it took Nedved, Thuram, Buffon half a season to play half decent in Juventus, Blasi is not as good as them so allow him an extra half and he should be good next season as a back up to EMO & Vieira.
There only soo much time u can give a player, kapo didnt get his fair amount, but blasi got plenty of time....of which is running out quickly.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++
It seems that Capello began massive clear-out in central midfield.
Maresca and Appiah are sold
Blasi - on his way out
Tacchi is also on the market
I don't think that changing 3 of 4 CMs is a good decision.
If we r changing for the better, I would go for it.

So far we already have Emerson, a class midfielder such as Vieira, and a more reliable player such as Giannichedda.

Appiah + Blasi aren't juz Juve class, so most probably I think Tacchi will be the only player that would be staying. But selling Maresca is a big mistake all along.

++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++
The only way for Blasi to prove himself is to go for a loan deal. Juve's pair of DM is already set, and I don't see Blasi in the starting lineup. The only ay to get into 1st team football is to to another team (hopefully it is a loan), even he himself said that.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't see why we should try to get Zanetti if Blasi leaves. Emerson, Vieira, Giannichedda and Tacchinardi sounds like adequate cover for the central midfield roles to me.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I don't see why we should try to get Zanetti if Blasi leaves. Emerson, Vieira, Giannichedda and Tacchinardi sounds like adequate cover for the central midfield roles to me.
totally agree, it would probably be jus cappello trying to re unite all his bum boys.

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

If we r changing for the better, I would go for it.

So far we already have Emerson, a class midfielder such as Vieira, and a more reliable player such as Giannichedda.

Appiah + Blasi aren't juz Juve class, so most probably I think Tacchi will be the only player that would be staying. But selling Maresca is a big mistake all along.
Selling Maresca was the right thing to do you dont keep a player against his will in a club no matter how good he is.. if he doesnt want juve then juve doesnt want him let him go get buried in spain nobody will remember him... same thing goes for miccoli if he doestn want to stay let him feck off even though hes a real good player but tht doesnt matter as he is a *****head.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Take this deal. Birindelli, although I do like him, is heading backwards in his career sitting behind Pessotto on the bench at Juventus; he should find a club where he can play regulary. Blasi was never good enough to play for Juventus, and now we will not have to suffer his giveaways next season. Oddo is through and through a better player than Zebina, and he would give us another dimension for free kicks, something we need desperately. He's nothing special but he is consistent and knows how to mark.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Oddo isn't a great right back, but i agree that he is of better use than blasi in this squad, he will offer better quickness on the flanks to mark quick wingers. I don't rate him neccesarily infront of Zebina but there will be games where he is more needed. Its a good deal IMO.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Blasi for Oddo = ok, I can handle that
Blasi + Birindelli for Oddo = Doesn't sound good to me
Yes, but understand the rationale behind that move. It pretty much seals the deal if we throw Biri into the deal. He wont get to play if Oddo comes for Blasi anyway, so that effectively ends his time on the bench at Juve. We're not going to get anything if we sell him seperately, so might as well repay him by sending him to one of the better midtable teams in the Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)