Blasi For Oddo? (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2005
Oddo-Blasi swap discussed
Thursday 21 July, 2005
Juventus midfielder Manuele Blasi could join Lazio in a deal that sees Massimo Oddo make the opposite switch.

Reports in Italy suggest that Juve transfer guru Luciano Moggi spoke to Lazio chief Claudio Lotito on Monday to discuss the move.

The Bianconeri are looking for another right-back seeing as the only alternative they have for Jonathan Zebina is Alessandro Birindelli at the moment.

While Blasi (pictured), also a Fiorentina target, is being linked with an exit following the arrival of Patrick Vieira from Arsenal.

Whispers suggest that both players would move on loan for one season, but with an option to buy outright next summer.

Oddo would welcome the switch after being heavily linked with Milan over the last few months.

They are keen on him but have been put off by Lazio’s £3.6m valuation of the Italian international stopper.

The Rossoneri are now reportedly tracking Sao Paulo ace Cicinho, who is Milan’s Marcos Cafu’s reserve on the international stage.

Meanwhile, Juventus midfielder Igor Tudor has reportedly asked to join Udinese, seeing as the club is on the border of his home country Croatia.

(channel.4)

hmm..
What do you think bout this, guys? I don't know much about Oddo, is he good enough?

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Why we are we missing out on Migguel "FOR FREE" still puzzles me, This is the position we need covered yet we aren't approaching him, as I remember, miguel would love to join us too. Moggi, moggi moggi...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Moggi doesnt want to fall in to the Mexes trap Roma are in. At least thats what i understand from the situation. I think Alves is another option we are considering.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
hmm, I didn't know it was almost the same, i don't really know what happened to Mexes other than Roma supposedly not gaining his signature in the right ways.

Care to clarify?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The "Mexes trap" is so unfortunate here, as it certainly would seem that Juve could get caught in the middle of a Benfica-Miguel battle with us getting the hand slap (or much worse).

Oddo has already peaked at 29, and while good, it's not a brilliant peak at that. At 25 years old, Miguel is still on the rise and has shown himself to be better than his Portugal NT teammate, the 25MM Euro man signed by Chelsea last year, Paolo Ferreira.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea, I'm not equally keen on Oddo either. Blasi at 25, at least has some time on his hands to do a good job in midfield or become a more valuable player on the market if not anything else.

Miguel or even Alves would serve us as well if not better than Massimo Oddo, that too, for a longer period of time.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
I prefer to keep Blasi as sub for Emerson or Vieira.

If Oddo is just a sub for Zebina, then Birindell is more suitable as sub.
If Oddo is to replace Zebina, then I still prefer Zebina.

So better forget this swap deal, our side backs are well covered...
:)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
hmm, I didn't know it was almost the same, i don't really know what happened to Mexes other than Roma supposedly not gaining his signature in the right ways.

Care to clarify?
Well, Mexes first got suspended for two months and then Roma got a transfer embargo for a year. That's a good reason to wait how Benfica will react to this.

Jul 28, 2002
simply mere ask the authorities required..."is miguel still a registered Benfica player?"....

If not, moggi can make his move.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
I'd keep Blasi and give them Tacchinardi for Oddo. ah, thow in Birindelli will we.re at it. :D
Is this your opinion, or some inside information that you are trying to deliver?

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Birindelli is very useful, he's not nearly good enough to be a starter, but he never moans if he's on the stands and can play on every position in the defense. I hope we keep him.

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
Biri really should stay. He has been more than useful, everytime he got the chance to play he proved "worthy".
Just remember his great game against Real Madrid in 2003... He was one of the best in the Juve-squad, imo.

Another important fact is that he seems to be a calm character who never starts arguments about his truly small role with Juventus.
Would be a great loss if we gave him away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)