Blasi and Chellini to Man City ?? (9 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Reports in England suggest that Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini could sign for Manchester City this weekend in a £7m deal.

The full-back was linked with Liverpool earlier in the summer and seems certain to leave after complaining that he felt neglected by the Bianconeri, who had only focused on renewing the contracts of their star names.

The Tuscan stopper’s agent Davide Lippi then confirmed that his client might leave Turin if it became clear that he would have limited playing time next term.

According to BBC Sport, Manchester City hope to finalise Chiellini’s signing in the next few days, adding to their Italian contingent along with Rolando Bianchi and Bernardo Corradi.

New Coach Sven Goran Eriksson, who has cash at his disposal from former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, is keen to complete the signing as soon as possible.

However, they could face competition from Liverpool if their bid to sign Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United were to fail.

channel4.com

damn.. =/

i wouldnt get to depressed.. this is just old shit revisited and the absence of quotes plus the recent words of gigli all point towards no deal

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Hold on a minute, why all the long faces when it comes to the defenders we have at our disposal.
From what I can gather, and this is based on what I have seen and read, for right back, we have Grygera, Salihamidic, Zebina and Birindelli that can play in that position. Thats a lot of players for a position I think has been the weakest in the history of football. At Centreback, we have options and different permutations of Chiellini, Andrade, Boumsong, Zebina, Legrottaglie,Criscito and Grygera. At left back we got Molinaro, Chiellini and frankly anyone who can play right back would not find left back that difficult so any of those guys can play there, maybe not regularly but they would do. I don't know much about Cricito but if he has prospects then he should be played there with someone with experience like Andrade but my prefered pairing will always be Chiellini and Andrade. Players like John Terry became good by learning off playing alongside Marcel Desailly, Cannavaro learnt a great deal by playing alongside Thuram. Maldini learnt by palying alongside the master baresi. But that does not happen in Italy as often anymore. Poor Bonera has completely lost his way because he was never paired with a great defender. Too many promising defenders are allowed to rot because instead of taking a chance on them, by playing them in the centre, they are messed about by playing in positions they are not suited to or giving them lead roles like Barzagli, how old is he, 24, 25? How do you expect someone like that to be the leader of the defence when he has not learnt his trade properly by playing a full season alongside a master? Zaccardo, who was touted as the next best thing at centre back waspushed to right back and he is not very good there. I just don't see how a players who is not comfortable witht he ball at his feet, cannot cross, is expected to play at left back. Most, if not all the best left backs that have ever lived, with a few exceptions, cannot actually defend. They earned their reputations by going forward. Now you see Materazzi enjoying an Indian summer because of the calibre of centre backs he is now paired with, both at club and international level. Is Andrade the best person to learn from? I don't know, but he is experienced enough. But it might turn out to be a waste of the young talents if we went out and bought another experienced centre back, who might end up stunting development of potential very good defenders.

Nice post.

I think the concern is not the number of defenders we have, but the quality of those defenders. I for one would be very worried if Andrade was injured for any length of time, as he is te only leader of the defence. I hope I'm wrong though.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #123
    Reports in England suggest that Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini could sign for Manchester City this weekend in a £7m deal.

The full-back was linked with Liverpool earlier in the summer and seems certain to leave after complaining that he felt neglected by the Bianconeri, who had only focused on renewing the contracts of their star names.

The Tuscan stopper’s agent Davide Lippi then confirmed that his client might leave Turin if it became clear that he would have limited playing time next term.

According to BBC Sport, Manchester City hope to finalise Chiellini’s signing in the next few days, adding to their Italian contingent along with Rolando Bianchi and Bernardo Corradi.

New Coach Sven Goran Eriksson, who has cash at his disposal from former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, is keen to complete the signing as soon as possible.

However, they could face competition from Liverpool if their bid to sign Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United were to fail.

channel4.com

damn.. =/
    it would be a stupid move, IMO

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
    Chiellini To Complete £7m Manchester City Move

Giorgio Chiellini's move to Manchester City is now just a matter of time.

The Juventus defender has been linked with a move to the Eastlands club for a few days now, and it now appears that the deal is almost done.

BBC Sport are reporting that the Italy under-21 skipper will travel to England to complete his move this weekend itself, after a £7million offer was accepted by Juventus, in principle.

Juve, in turn, are expected to immediately move for Gabriel Heinze, who is currently the subject of a tug of war between Liverpool and Manchester United.

Chiellini has himself been linked with Liverpool, but Juve can hardly expect to land Heinze from the Red Devils if they sell their player to the Reds.

However, Rafa Benitez can offset the balance if he decides to make a superior bid, though it looks unlikely at the moment given his confidence over landing Heinze.

Such is the rivalry that United are actually encouraging Chiellini's move to fierce local rivals City, keen to now ensure that neither Chiellini nor Heinze end up at Anfield.

With both Liverpool and Manchester United expected back from their respective tours of the far east shortly, expect the battle to intensify in the coming days.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a good move, this kid is the future of Italian footie. And to boot, hes very very versitle something we are definetly going to need this year.

Mar 28, 2007
    big mistake... sell sell.. the next will be palladino.. =/ chiellini gone.. and what the board gonna do next? what have they done so far in this transfer market? any stars player they bring in? NO! first, miccoli sale is a big mistake which the board nv ask for barzagli in exchange.. and now? chiellini is gone? damn secco.. u pissed me off..

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Chiellini To Complete £7m Manchester City Move

Giorgio Chiellini's move to Manchester City is now just a matter of time.

The Juventus defender has been linked with a move to the Eastlands club for a few days now, and it now appears that the deal is almost done.

BBC Sport are reporting that the Italy under-21 skipper will travel to England to complete his move this weekend itself, after a £7million offer was accepted by Juventus, in principle.

Juve, in turn, are expected to immediately move for Gabriel Heinze, who is currently the subject of a tug of war between Liverpool and Manchester United.

Chiellini has himself been linked with Liverpool, but Juve can hardly expect to land Heinze from the Red Devils if they sell their player to the Reds.

However, Rafa Benitez can offset the balance if he decides to make a superior bid, though it looks unlikely at the moment given his confidence over landing Heinze.

Such is the rivalry that United are actually encouraging Chiellini's move to fierce local rivals City, keen to now ensure that neither Chiellini nor Heinze end up at Anfield.

With both Liverpool and Manchester United expected back from their respective tours of the far east shortly, expect the battle to intensify in the coming days.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a good move, this kid is the future of Italian footie. And to boot, hes very very versitle something we are definetly going to need this year.
    Lets not go over the top. he is a good player but he is not the future of italian football. Too many Italians have far more potential and talent than he has. The 1 thing he has going for me is that he is Italian in Juventus. if he was from another country, I would have said sell like a shot based on his talent. Its a no brainer that if you have a core of indigines in your side and theyare all good, you stand a very good chance of winning the league. But as far as being the future of Italian football, that is a huge overstatement.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Stop posting that article. The club already declared that Palladino, Nocerino AND Chiellini are not for sale. Ranieri considers them indispensable.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    big mistake... sell sell.. the next will be palladino.. =/ chiellini gone.. and what the board gonna do next? what have they done so far in this transfer market? any stars player they bring in? NO! first, miccoli sale is a big mistake which the board nv ask for barzagli in exchange.. and now? chiellini is gone? damn secco.. u pissed me off..
    Chiellini isn't gone yet, but I too am very dissappointed in this board.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    why are you dissin our board now, tabloids say Chiellini will sign for Man City, our board say this is false that Chiellini isn't going anywhere
    still you keep posting the same article that he is out

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Chiellini's going to Inter for €3 million and Álvaro Recoba to replace Grosso.

gazzetta.it

Good move, Recoba will make the perfect replacement for Del Piero.

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
    Whoa, what is every1 getting so mad about? Cuz I posted this article? Last time I checked this thread was regarding any news of Chiellini or Blasi going to Man City. And low and behold, the article is about Chiellini and Man City. Dont get pisst off at people for posting related articles. And it may or not be true, you cant really trust ne1 these days so who knows. And when I said he is the future of Italian Footie, I meant it like hes gonna be a part of there future, and not there saviour or someting like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)