Blaise Matuidi (15 Viewers)

james95

Sep 2, 2018
His limitations are so extensive that I dare say he even hides from the ball sometimes. Usually, when he receives it, he'll try and get rid of it as quickly as he can irrespective of how negative or disruptive the move he'll make will be. It's honestly and sincerely like playing with one man less - especially when the opposition camps their whole team in their 3rd of the pitch. He may as well be a spectator or in the stands in such scenarios.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He's literally wasting everyone's time on the field

He makes decoy runs that the opposition knows to let through because no one will play the ball to him since the ball at his feet in the final third = instant death of an attack

Our midfield is such trash
Not just opposition, our own players avoid to pass the ball to him as much as they can

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's a limited player and absolute garbage, atrocious when it comes to passing the ball, but he's literally the last player you should start if you want to play passing possession based football - it's like running a 200 meter race with a broken foot.

The onus is on the coach to not play him or figure a way to utilize him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Hasn't he played decently there before?
yes, he did actually. blaise is none of my worries. i'm more concerned about rabiot, pjanic and berna. happy to see them being consistent, although they should find some kind of consistency on the other end of the scale. at least berna showed some signs of life vs bologna.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Thoughts on his LB performance?

Some of his crosses...
Thought he was out of place in the 1st half. A little behind the play, not in line with the CBs. Lecce had a very dangerous chance in the early stages because of that I think.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
How can a world cup champion, played for PSG and Juventus be so damn awful with the ball? Whenever I see him with the ball its like some random dude was given a shirt a randomly put on the field.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
How can a world cup champion, played for PSG and Juventus be so damn awful with the ball? Whenever I see him with the ball its like some random dude was given a shirt a randomly put on the field.
different players, different skills i guess? look at cancelo, brilliant on the ball, fast, can take on anyone, but a lazy, unpredictable idiot with probably shorter attention span than my 5-year-old kid. at least blaise is reliable, physical, disciplined and hard working. no accident he's been a starter for every team he played for.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
different players, different skills i guess? look at cancelo, brilliant on the ball, fast, can take on anyone, but a lazy, unpredictable idiot with probably shorter attention span than my 5-year-old kid. at least blaise is reliable, physical, disciplined and hard working. no accident he's been a starter for every team he played for.
Matuidi is amazing off the ball, but he has issues with some of the fundamentals with the ball. On offense its like his team is playing with a player less.

Also Matuidi is not reliable with the ball, quite the opposite actually. He's so unreliable that you can clearly see his teammates avoid passing him the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)