Blaise Matuidi (54 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
happy for our best midfielder :touched:

joking aside, he had a terrible game. completely off form, he should only get minutes. since rabiot found some form, it's night and day between them. that 3 vs 1 counter he screwed up was one of our best chances, i really hope he picks an other solution in a similar situation next time.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Really quality footballer who just isn't doing it right now. So that being the case Rabiot at 25 is the way to go with upside and added value down the road. Same with Bent at 23 in letting Pjanic leave. Thanks Blaise but only see you as a backup along the lines of Sami who can give the 1st team rest in lower level league matches.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That counter 3 vs 1 sums up his career. The sooner we move on from this type of midfielders, the sooner we will be again in position to compete with European elite. I dont think Rabiot is long term solution, could be wrong, but he doesnt give me good vibe. Too soft and passive in defense and indecisive when going forward, most of the times looking for an easy, backwards pass.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
That counter 3 vs 1 sums up his career. The sooner we move on from this type of midfielders, the sooner we will be again in position to compete with European elite. I dont think Rabiot is long term solution, could be wrong, but he doesnt give me good vibe. Too soft and passive in defense and indecisive when going forward, most of the times looking for an easy, backwards pass.
That 3 vs 1 was epic in so many levels. He could have kept the ball longer, made a better pass/cross, but he goes for the worst possible pass straight to Torino’s defender leg.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That 3 vs 1 was epic in so many levels. He could have kept the ball longer, made a better pass/cross, but he goes for the worst possible pass straight to Torino’s defender leg.
Yeah, Im not even annoyed these days anymore. Thats exactly what I expect from him when placed in this situation. It must be frustrating though for players running into space, expecting an easy 3 vs 1 counter attack and then he just directs the final pass straight at Torino player.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I laughed so hard at that, not even mad anymore. That’s what I’ve come to expect from him.

If we want any real shot at the Champions League, we need Rabiot to grow some balls and play with the same intensity and desire as Bentancur. You cannot win a UCL by starting this disoriented gazelle parading as a footballer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He was always a limited footballer - nothing new there. We really need to move on from both Blaised and Confused and the terminally injured Khedira. One is unreliable because of his poor decision making and passing, the other unreliable because of his unavailability and ageing decrepit body.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)