Blaise Matuidi (6 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2007
What do you mean by trident, because in all of the games he started and we lost we played 4-3-1-2. We get no better results with him on the field, sorry.

Yes, Rabiot didn't protect us but no matter who we play we're compromising something because we just have a shit group of midfielders. In Matuidi's case we compromise the ability to keep and pass the ball. And what used to be his strengths are no longer his strengths. He barely wins any tackles or interceptions nowadays. He just... runs.
By trident Im referring to Ronaldo/Higgy/Dybala

Matuidi was never a ball winner though. Hes not a kante or player like that. He gets up and down the field and presses. Every time we put someone more offensive on the field instead of Matuidi we actually have less offensive production bc we give to much up and cant win the ball back quickly

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
I just don't know how you could watch that match and say "hey, I know what this match needs - put on MATUIDI!"
I dont know how you can watch us every time we play a weak formation and say... "we need more offensive players" Id rather win an ugly game than lose one. Do you think Rabiot contributed offensively?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you think Ronaldo was better playing wide the whole game instead of being closer to Dybala in link up play and in the box for crosses?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I probably would have started Matuidi. But he wouldn't have prevented the goal or added anything to change the outcome of the match. It would have ended 1-0.

Apr 19, 2007
I probably would have started Matuidi. But he wouldn't have prevented the goal or added anything to change the outcome of the match. It would have ended 1-0.
I think our shape would have been different if he had been in. I think Ronaldo being closer to goal would have let him score. As far as the goal goes against us. No he wouldnt have headed the ball away but you have to think broader than that. Ronaldo out wide is a complete waste for him and also for Cuads putting crosses in. So no I dont think the game wouldnt have changed at all. I thiunk Dybala and Ronaldo would have linked up more which we desperately needed whuile also having an aerial threat for crosses spreading Lyon wider

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
There are reports that say Matuidi took badly being benched against Lyon. Didn't even warm up and got yelled at by other players. Maybe the coach want compensate for that. Not saying that makes sense
He ain't good enough for this team. He should earn his place rather than sulk.
Say what you will about Sami, he is a model professional. Never seen him complain or throw tantrums.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Imagine having the technical ability of a goalkeeper from the 70s and acting as if you're a bonified superstar

This is what happens when after dozens of average to bad performances you keep selecting players, giving them contract extensions and praising them.

I bet our midfielders each think they're the furthest thing from a problem at Juve because we reward consistently shit displays by doing all of the above.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
There are reports that say Matuidi took badly being benched against Lyon. Didn't even warm up and got yelled at by other players. Maybe the coach want compensate for that. Not saying that makes sense
If that’s true then I’m glad he got benched.

Who the fuck does he think he is?

You are Matuidi, not Neymar. If you are going to act like a spoiled child at least have the talent to back it up.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
That not so long ago backheel assist to Cuadrado should have already been enough for him to warrant a starting place in the Lyon game.. :grin:

Seriously though, he should’ve just stayed quiet and work even harder, there’s no affordable room for tantrums at this stage and frankly you’d think he’d be of the last few to even actually complain, which again is a bit odd and hopefully already past it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This guy threw a fit for not playing? He had Bonucci yell at him? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Is it true he refused to warmup? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think Matuidi was the answer to this...

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2011
Hah! Wtf is wrong with this guy. He should pray daily to the football gods that he is still part of a Juventus caliber roster. If players such as Matuidi are throwing tantrums like this you just know the coach has no authority whatsoever.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Complaining? LOL In reality should have been gone before the season started, along with others. As much as Sarri hasn't come through, management above hasn't done much to help him. Sarri, don't cave in, sit the fuk going forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)