Blaise Matuidi (65 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
what is the point in resigning him? i could see it as cover if we were short on CMs but we arent. we really arent short on numbers just quality/ type of CM.

resigning him is pointless waste of money unless we plan on playing him alot and thats even more worrying.

- - - Updated - - -

"is paratici out sick today?"
A one year extension doesn't necessarily preclude his demotion to the bench if we make one or two big signings for the midfield. We want a deep midfield with good variety. Matuidi has characteristics which are unique to this squad. He would be about as good a bench warmer as a manager could ask for. One more year is a minor commitment that could pay big dividends.

Saying that, he's no Padoin. He's got a particularly bad rep on here but he's mostly stepped up in big matches - ran and chased like mad, made no notable clangers. He has a presence off the ball that only maybe Chiellini can be said to possess.

Can's now gone, next should be Khedira. Unless we buy another two midfielders, that's enough dead weight shed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Imagine if we could somehow genetically engineer a player who combines the stamina of Matuidi with the technical ability of Dybala.
closest you will find is veratti.

good luck getting him. maybe if you sacrifice yourself to glorious satan there might be chance but i doubt it

Apr 19, 2007
Hate him or not we needed him yesterday. Ronaldo was way to far from goal in the first half and was much more dangerous when Berna came on to give more width. They attacked through rabiots side all freaking game and we had no one there to pressure it. I get that we need someone better in the future but we lose everytime he sits.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Hate him or not we needed him yesterday. Ronaldo was way to far from goal in the first half and was much more dangerous when Berna came on to give more width. They attacked through rabiots side all freaking game and we had no one there to pressure it. I get that we need someone better in the future but we lose everytime he sits.
After each game we attempt to use hindsight to figure out what could have been done differently. It's always, Ramsey should've started, Rabiot should've started, Cuadrado should've played RB, Cuadrado should've played RW.

If Matuidi had started, they would say he should have been on the bench. He would not have helped us yesterday, he's done as a player.

Apr 19, 2007
After each game we attempt to use hindsight to figure out what could have been done differently. It's always, Ramsey should've started, Rabiot should've started, Cuadrado should've played RB, Cuadrado should've played RW.

If Matuidi had started, they would say he should have been on the bench. He would not have helped us yesterday, he's done as a player.
Ive been [pretty consistant on my view of him tbf. Gotten critisized non stop for it and every time we go with a weak lineup we struggle with balance and get over run. We need Matuidi and no trident if we want to compete.

Look at the games we lose. Hes generally not in them or we play the trident. Our teamisnt skilled enough to play with a weak formation. Maybe in the future we will get there. You are free to look up my position that Ive been crucified over. But people keep claiming we need more technical players in the middle but we look worse when we do every freaking time

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ive been [pretty consistant on my view of him tbf. Gotten critisized non stop for it and every time we go with a weak lineup we struggle with balance and get over run. We need Matuidi and no trident if we want to compete.

Look at the games we lose. Hes generally not in them or we play the trident. Our teamisnt skilled enough to play with a weak formation. Maybe in the future we will get there. You are free to look up my position that Ive been crucified over. But people keep claiming we need more technical players in the middle but we look worse when we do every freaking time
He started in 3 of our 5 losses this season. He would not have saved us yesterday.

Apr 19, 2007
He started in 3 of our 5 losses this season. He would not have saved us yesterday.
Losses
3:1 Lazio-Cuads got a red card and we gave up 2 goalsafter
2nd Lazio 3:1-Trident and we were over run but Matuidi played
Napoli 2:1 Trident again and were over run but matuidi played
Verona 2:1 matuidi didnt play
Lyon- Matuidi didnt play

Every freaking loss is when we choose to be more attacking and cant handle it on the back side. I agree its not purely a Matuidi will save us situation but you have to admit we were over run on Rabiots side.
We give the ball away and Pjanic is weak AF. Ronaldo is to wide and ineffective without Matuidi as well and Dybala and him are best when linking up.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Losses
3:1 Lazio-Cuads got a red card and we gave up 2 goalsafter
2nd Lazio 3:1-Trident and we were over run but Matuidi played
Napoli 2:1 Trident again and were over run but matuidi played
Verona 2:1 matuidi didnt play
Lyon- Matuidi didnt play

Every freaking loss is when we choose to be more attacking and cant handle it on the back side. I agree its not purely a Matuidi will save us situation but you have to admit we were over run on Rabiots side.
We give the ball away and Pjanic is weak AF. Ronaldo is to wide and ineffective without Matuidi as well and Dybala and him are best when linking up.
What do you mean by trident, because in all of the games he started and we lost we played 4-3-1-2. We get no better results with him on the field, sorry.

Yes, Rabiot didn't protect us but no matter who we play we're compromising something because we just have a shit group of midfielders. In Matuidi's case we compromise the ability to keep and pass the ball. And what used to be his strengths are no longer his strengths. He barely wins any tackles or interceptions nowadays. He just... runs.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We needed strikers that didn’t ballon the ball high and/or wide. We can’t hit the side of a barn

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Are you seriously blaming it on the strikers? We didn't create shit. Our impotent midfield is the root cause of all our problems - them and the turd nugget parading as a coach.
Huh?!

do you not see me blaming the board for our shitty midfield in Rico’s thread? I hate our midfield they suck ass bro

- - - Updated - - -

Lmaoo - Rico was supposed to be Tici

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)