Blaise Matuidi (7 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Even at his best he isn't the type of midfielder we need right now both him and Khedira should have been sold over the summer never mind getting so much playing time.
Absolutely. At this point I am highly skeptical at even using him as a bench player because of ALL that he doesn't add. I mean, I see the idea of fresh legs coming on to run a tired team down but if we are winning by a goal, for example, the final 20-30 minutes of the match the opposition team is going to be throwing everything they have at us by attacking hard so do we really want a player that is so limited and making rash tackls all the time? We already have two other CMs that make bonehead tackles, do we really want to throw him in when we need mids that can slow down the game by smart possession?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juventus make decision on Matuidi as meeting with Raiola awaits

29 December at 16:30
Ahead of the January, Juventus are making careful evaluations on each department. By the looks of it, after earning Maurizio Sarri's trust through high-level performances, ( :lol: :lol: ) Blaise Matuidi will remain in Turin. However, it's not all done yet.

A few weeks back, as we can report, the Bianconeri's sporting director Fabio Paratici started talks with Mino Raiola, the 32-year-old's agent, about a possible renewal of the current contract which expires in June 2020.

Juventus already have the option to extend the contract for one more year, but this clause will hardly be activated. The reason? The Bianconeri intend to renew his contract by two years, and not one, which would see the new deal expire in 2022.

The salary figures should remain similar (€3.5m per year), if not identical to the current ones. The bonuses could change, as well as the commission to Raiola. However, it's clear that we are heading towards a renewal.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
At first I thought maybe this is connected to Pogba considering Raiola is their agent, but then they play in the same position.

Does not make sense at all.

Apr 17, 2013
It will be biting when ronaldo will publish his bio and his career at Juve (chapter 12: "the dark period") , the mothers of paratici and matuidi will pay dearly (we do not endorse but the poor man, he fell into alcoholism because of them).

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
What's wrong with extending Matuidi?
Only the term is too long. I don't see a risk in just going year by year with him. Should have been the same with Khedira. If they don't want to do that then they can go but I doubt they would find better situations.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Isn't this done for accounting purposes?
his book value is 7.6, his salary is 3.5 net, 6.3 gross.

version a: you let his contract run out, cost for 2019/20 is 13.9, and you have to buy a new dm for next season.

version b: one year extension, with the same salary and half the amortization the yearly cost is 3.8+6.3=10.1, you have a squad player for next season.

version c: 2 year extension, no raise, ~8.8 yearly cost, squad player for 2 seasons. that's very cheap at current juve level. and it's just the finances, not considering how useful can blaise be 2 years from now. also, i doubt that paratici would do anything to not to lose a 30+ year old player on a bosman. and we're not considering the opportunity cost either.

anyway, diff between b and c is 1.3m. most bean counters would certainly care, but i think the club simply rates him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
his book value is 7.6, his salary is 3.5 net, 6.3 gross.

version a: you let his contract run out, cost for 2019/20 is 13.9, and you have to buy a new dm for next season.

version b: one year extension, with the same salary and half the amortization the yearly cost is 3.8+6.3=10.1, you have a squad player for next season.

version c: 2 year extension, no raise, ~8.8 yearly cost, squad player for 2 seasons. that's very cheap at current juve level. and it's just the finances, not considering how useful can blaise be 2 years from now. also, i doubt that paratici would do anything to not to lose a 30+ year old player on a bosman. and we're not considering the opportunity cost either.

anyway, diff between b and c is 1.3m. most bean counters would certainly care, but i think the club simply rates him.
Two years is like forever though. So much can change so quickly.

Just give him one year if really necessary. This can be done in a year for an additional one if he keeps it up. He surely won't refuse another year while being 34.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)