Blaise Matuidi (26 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There haven't been many things in the last 8-10 years that have been absolutely painful to watch as it is whenever Matuidi gets the ball at his feet.

Sturaro with the ball comes to mind. Still not as bad. Straight line running in a straight line. At least you knew what Straight line was doing so you were mentally prepared.

Amauri still takes the victory though. Holy shit that was a bear to watch :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
There haven't been many things in the last 8-10 years that have been absolutely painful to watch as it is whenever Matuidi gets the ball at his feet.

Sturaro with the ball comes to mind. Still not as bad. Straight line running in a straight line. At least you knew what Straight line was doing so you were mentally prepared.

Amauri still takes the victory though. Holy shit that was a bear to watch :lol:
Nah. Giaccherini who manages to run straight into players must win it. Defenders didnt even have to move

Apr 19, 2007
I dont think he is that bad but our midfield and attack is very stagnant and he cant be used in that. I tink he could compliment Ramsey well at times and be a good pressure mid when we want to pressure high up the field

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
I dont think he is that bad but our midfield and attack is very stagnant and he cant be used in that. I tink he could compliment Ramsey well at times and be a good pressure mid when we want to pressure high up the field
If you fielded a squad of 11 Blaise Matuidi’s, your team would struggle to score a dozen goals per year. Obviously, this is an absurd notion, but it’s meant to represent how dreadful he is with the ball. I mean, I love his effort and his character, but to make a simple pass, his arms and legs flail all over the place. This man is a horrific player. Teams have taken to bot marking him at all. His first touch is atrocious, passing is atrocious, did he beat a single man on the dribble this year? He will not do.

Apr 19, 2007
If you fielded a squad of 11 Blaise Matuidi’s, your team would struggle to score a dozen goals per year. Obviously, this is an absurd notion, but it’s meant to represent how dreadful he is with the ball. I mean, I love his effort and his character, but to make a simple pass, his arms and legs flail all over the place. This man is a horrific player. Teams have taken to bot marking him at all. His first touch is atrocious, passing is atrocious, did he beat a single man on the dribble this year? He will not do.
Im not saying you are completely wrong but also he was the starter on the world cup winning team. He is not a great passer of the ball but I feel like our midfield does a guy like him no favors as does our slow predictable build up. The way we currently play he shouldnt be on the field I agree. But the way we play also has Ronaldo scoring 21 goals in Serie a soooo Maybe its time to move Pjanic further or make some serious changes. Not really sure what the midfield solution is but its not one player nor is it just player personel.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Matuidi is a good squad llayer to have. Agree he shoukd be in our best 11. Reality is we don't have a great midfield. At individual level it isnt bad..just not a great group to find the right combination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)