Blaise Matuidi (12 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
he just needs to play closer to the defence. His runs are alright, he can outmuscle the opposition and is quite fast, but it always ends with misplaced pass or cross. He should stay at the back while Sandro does the job.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I just wish he was better on the ball. He puts in all that hustle and bust to win the ball back, then looks like a deer caught in headlights as soon as the ball is at his feet.

IMO we need an upgrade on him, someone with close to similar workrate but better technical ability.
He is all heart and grinta but sadly we need technical players on midfield. His problem is that he is extremely nontechnical and this hurts us so much

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Wouldn't bench Matuidi imo, I think his grinta and non-technical abillities are totally fine, our 3rd mid has to be more technical tho.
If age doesn't take a toll on him, I think him + Pjanic + Ramsey would actually work quite well.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Having one destroyer is fine, the problem is that Matuidi keeps finding himself in attacking areas for some reason. This needs to change because it’s obvious that he has almost nothing to offer in the final third.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Wouldn't bench Matuidi imo, I think his grinta and non-technical abillities are totally fine, our 3rd mid has to be more technical tho.
If age doesn't take a toll on him, I think him + Pjanic + Ramsey would actually work quite well.
Yep. everyone with eyes and a brain can tell.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The problem is that he plays beside Ronaldo. I think if Ramsey can supply 80% of Matuidi's work rate, then he will take Matuidi's position at LCM.

I didn't know Ramsey had such huge work rate. Still not as good as Matuidi but he is above most CMs. He might be able to fit our unbalanced formation.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The problem is that he plays beside Ronaldo. I think if Ramsey can supply 80% of Matuidi's work rate, then he will take Matuidi's position at LCM.

I didn't know Ramsey had such huge work rate. Still not as good as Matuidi but he is above most CMs. He might be able to fit our unbalanced formation.
If Ramsey is not capable of delivering the same engine as Matuidi, then the coach sets up the team differently. For Example he plays Ramsey - Pjanic - Can and instructs the latter two to hold the midfield while Ramsey can move forward more freely. I think that would work just fine.
Bottom line is that Ramsey seems like a much more productive player going forward and that alone should justify playing him. If he's injury prone - no problem, play Matuidi with a little different setup :)

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
If Ramsey is not capable of delivering the same engine as Matuidi, then the coach sets up the team differently. For Example he plays Ramsey - Pjanic - Can and instructs the latter two to hold the midfield while Ramsey can move forward more freely. I think that would work just fine.
Bottom line is that Ramsey seems like a much more productive player going forward and that alone should justify playing him. If he's injury prone - no problem, play Matuidi with a little different setup :)
Well with Ronaldo, we defend in a 4-4-2 so Ramsey has to be able to run back into the left side of the 4 midfielders like Matuidi does. Otherwise you simply don't have the space covered.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Does Ramsey have to be a replacement for matuidi?
Matuidi - Pjanic - Ramsey seems fine to me...
Well the question is whether Ramsey can give you 80% of Matuidi's work rate but supply so much more in attack, simultaneously amplifying Ronaldo as a LCM. I personally think it's a huge weakness to have such a limited player beside Ronaldo. Perhaps one of our most underrated weak spots is this scenario.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Well the question is whether Ramsey can give you 80% of Matuidi's work rate but supply so much more in attack, simultaneously amplifying Ronaldo as a LCM. I personally think it's a huge weakness to have such a limited player beside Ronaldo. Perhaps one of our most underrated weak spots is this scenario.
Well, they could aswell switch sides, I don't think Matuidi would have an issue playing as a RCM...
They can play Ramsey - Pjanic - Matuidi, it's just that Matuidi is kinda better (not much but still) than either Can or Benta - imo at least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)