Blaise Matuidi (20 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Clearly he wasnt. One of the few german players who never played there. Could have gone there from Stuttgart. Could have gone from Real as a free transfer to Bayerm.
Most people (both experts and fans) rated him as top of the pop. The hype really started, when Germany won the U21 European Championship in 2009. They knocked out Italy in the semifinal (who had maybe the best team in Europe back then) playing a really defensive game. But of course it wasn't a problem. It's only a problem, when Italians defend. I never understood the hype about him, but this German generation got highly praised by everyone - including Khedira.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I don't think so. He seems happy here and he's clearly a player who fits our philosophy. Funny thing is that I never rated him as much as people did before he joined Real (also when he played for them). But he's done what I excpected him to do. Nothing more and nothing less. A really good team player - just like Marchisio.

- - - Updated - - -

He keeps rotating in defense. I hope (and think) he'll do that in attack later on in the season.
There have been reasons to keep rotating the defense. Sandro poor form, RB issues, Benatia not delivering. Couple of injury issues here and there with Chiellini and then not having a starting RB in CL who is fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people (both experts and fans) rated him as top of the pop. The hype really started, when Germany won the U21 European Championship in 2009. They knocked out Italy in the semifinal (who had maybe the best team in Europe back then) playing a really defensive game. But of course it wasn't a problem. It's only a problem, when Italians defend. I never understood the hype about him, but this German generation got highly praised by everyone - including Khedira.
Well he won the league with Stuttgart.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
There have been reasons to keep rotating the defense. Sandro poor form, RB issues, Benatia not delivering. Couple of injury issues here and there with Chiellini and then not having a starting RB in CL who is fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Well he won the league with Stuttgart.
Or maybe the poor form is because of the rotating? Personally, I think it's because the team is changing to become more attack minded and Allegri is still trying to figure out, how the team should defend. I also think not getting a rb and Howedes being injured plays a big part.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Or maybe the poor form is because of the rotating? Personally, I think it's because the team is changing to become more attack minded and Allegri is still trying to figure out, how the team should defend. I also think not getting a rb and Howedes being injured plays a big part.
I said all that in my post.

Allegri starts season with Benatia-Chiellini. Benatia fails to deliver but initially Allegri not trusting Rugani for his age.
Sandro poor form, it happens.

RB is the big issue as we didnt buy a top player there. Licht is old, Höwedes we dont know anything about really. And DSC is not wc either.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I said all that in my post.

Allegri starts season with Benatia-Chiellini. Benatia fails to deliver but initially Allegri not trusting Rugani for his age.
Sandro poor form, it happens.

RB is the big issue as we didnt buy a top player there. Licht is old, Höwedes we dont know anything about really. And DSC is not wc either.
Benatia already looked shaky last season and Barzagli is old. The management failed here. Losing Alves shouldn't be as big as a problem as people make it out to be.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Benatia already looked shaky last season and Barzagli is old. The management failed here. Losing Alves shouldn't be as big as a problem as people make it out to be.
It shouldnt be in the sense that there was plenty of time to buy RB.

Alves contract was terminated in the end of June after his Dybala go to Barca comments. So 2 months for Marotta.

He brought DSC quite early if i remember. But he doesnt have great rep. Höwedes was somewhat of a panic buy imo.

Surely there could have been options out there to look for.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Again, defensively very usefull but offensively he must improve asap, had no ideea what he's doing when having possesion in the final third...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Thought he was poor, especially in the first half.

Definitely improved in the second and did very well for Higuain's goal.

Jul 2, 2006
Again, defensively very usefull but offensively he must improve asap, had no ideea what he's doing when having possesion in the final third...
He is not going to change after 30, he was always a very limited player in attack. The problem is that we had players like Pogba in his position short time ago, only one to blame is :beppe: here. We didn't deserve such a big downgrade.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He is not going to change after 30, he was always a very limited player in attack. The problem is that we had players like Pogba in his position short time ago, only one to blame is :beppe: here. We didn't deserve such a big downgrade.
Hard to disagree with you on that matter...

# Only thing i'd add regarding Matuidi is that he can do better than today thats for sure, maybe he could improve to be efficient in some sort of automatic one-touch passing style by keepin it simple and avoid positioning hisself in-between 'enemy lines' where he has to hold the ball or create chances... he is too limited for that unfortunately and should stick to what he knows best which is protecting the defence and distribution of the ball sideways.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Who got the assist for Higuain's goal again bro?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what Max told him in the HT, that made him have such and explosive performance!?
He actually played the natural game that he's known for in the second. It's very important to have a player with a bit of energy in midfiled... Pjanic, Khedira and Marchisio can't match that energy and reading of play for tackles and intercepts.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Who got the assist for Higuain's goal again bro?

- - - Updated - - -

He actually played the natural game that he's known for in the second. It's very important to have a player with a bit of energy in midfiled... Pjanic, Khedira and Marchisio can't match that energy and reading of play for tackles and intercepts.
:crazy:

Do you even watch football or Matuidi play or you just gonna count a header against Benevento as offensively effective' ? Some here are either blind or didnt even see the game if you gonna come and say Matuidi had a good game yesterday. 9 times out of 10 when he received the ball in the final third he either lost the ball from the first touch or just passed it backwords lol , get your facts right or at least bother to watch how useless the guy is when in possesion, slowed down/broke down our build-up repeteadly AGAINST BENEVENTO!!!! I'm not gonna go further with this because obviously some here been watching a different sport claiming that Matuidi wasn't one of the worst players on the pitch yesterday, as i sayd some weeks ago, the running like a headless chicken is a task that even Sturaro can fulfill, only maybe not as efficient as a 30year old, but in the long run tbh neither of them really brings anything extra offensively to our game other than running into space and hoping for the best...

Dont get me wrong, i like the guy and his energy was why i was happy to have bought him in the first place but so far whenever he gets the ball it tends to be the end of the line,with all due respect he either improves and starts playing like a reliable CM worthy of a team of our calibre or he can just move on because in a 2man midfield we need our CM's to be able to hold the ball or at least have hisself available for passes and show some decent vision in his game and so far other than making hisself available by running into space he has been average in all the other aspects of his game...

- If some here feel the need to go praise this type of performances than go ahead, being in total contradiction with this sport is not a crime, just remember what i'm saying here, is unacceptable how average he been with the ball so far for a player of his experience :tdown:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
:crazy:

Do you even watch football or Matuidi play or you just gonna count a header against Benevento as offensively effective' ? Some here are either blind or didnt even see the game if you gonna come and say Matuidi had a good game yesterday. 9 times out of 10 when he received the ball in the final third he either lost the ball from the first touch or just passed it backwords lol , get your facts right or at least bother to watch how useless the guy is when in possesion, slowed down/broke down our build-up repeteadly AGAINST BENEVENTO!!!! I'm not gonna go further with this because obviously some here been watching a different sport claiming that Matuidi wasn't one of the worst players on the pitch yesterday, as i sayd some weeks ago, the running like a headless chicken is a task that even Sturaro can fulfill, only maybe not as efficient as a 30year old, but in the long run tbh neither of them really brings anything extra offensively to our game other than running into space and hoping for the best...

Dont get me wrong, i like the guy and his energy was why i was happy to have bought him in the first place but so far whenever he gets the ball it tends to be the end of the line,with all due respect he either improves and starts playing like a reliable CM worthy of a team of our calibre or he can just move on because in a 2man midfield we need our CM's to be able to hold the ball or at least have hisself available for passes and show some decent vision in his game and so far other than making hisself available by running into space he has been average in all the other aspects of his game...

- If some here feel the need to go praise this type of performances than go ahead, being in total contradiction with this sport is not a crime, just remember what i'm saying here, is unacceptable how average he been with the ball so far for a player of his experience :tdown:
No ones giving him a high rating for his performance, the entire team has been performing poorly for the last few games. The point is, at least he came up with the goods when it mattered and provided the assist for Higuain.
Added to that, his energy, tackling and reading of play in defense in midfield is very important.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
As long as he provides that grinta and energy in the middle that we've been lacking, I'll look the other way offensively. We have plenty of other players that can create, not everyone needs to rack up assists.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why worry about what he does offensively? That's not why we bought him. Besides, he got an assist this weekend.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:agree: This. Kinda reminds me of people criticizing Vucinic for not scoring a lot, meanwhile he was providing assists and creating great chances very frequently.
Yep. His high intensity is annoying for opposition midfields. Gives them a reason to be constantly looking over their shoulders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)